Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help [SOLVED] Areas..???
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52
Question  [SOLVED] Areas..???

Hmm i was thinking
How developers of ATDD put random areas? When i say that i mean for example
we all know bed can't be clicked (no hand to move or use or something).But in original ATDD there is bed when you click it i think fog activate...I need something like that (not the fog) but how they make that ? I think i will need area in model editor and some script... :-/

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 09:55 AM by Straxedix.)
10-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Areas..???

If you're referring to the cot/wooden beds, I believe there is one that is movable. Really it's just about connecting an interactcallback with a certain entity, so that when you touch the entity, the callback would do other stuff. Of you could do a collidecallback, which would be the same, however you'd need something to collide in order for it to work.

Now, as far as I'm aware, you can't activate actual fog boxes, however you can activate a particle fog effect with these callbacks. Really, you just need an additional script box where you want this fog particle to occur, and then with your interactcallback, just use

CreateParticleSystemAtEntity(string& asPSName, string& asPSFile, string& asEntity, bool abSavePS);

at the entity where you want the fog to appear.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted exactly, but that's what I'm getting from what you're asking for. Hope that helped in some way, or at least gave you an idea on how to do what you want to do. Smile

10-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yes, place a script area down, and then write a callback into the PlayerInteractCallback box. Add the callback to your script, and there you go.

10-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3

If I recall correctly FG used an "examine" area to make the bed clickable.
You can add an InteractionCallback and a sound which plays when you click on the area.

[Image: 18694.png]
10-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52

Thanks everybody +rep for all of you :P

10-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Find