Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Internet is ruining the performance of the computer
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Internet is ruining the performance of the computer

If you have a lot of things starting up, that can slow down your computer. Even mine is fairly slow the first few minutes because of these things, mostly Dropbox actually. I've noticed it being a major CPU hog while starting up.

You can download Microsoft's Autoruns and use it to disable certain startup programs and modules. If there are things you don't need, disable them. That's what I do. For example I disabled Google Updater Service from starting up because if a Google product needs updating, it will probably tell me at least 15 times before I start the application anyway.

I'm unsure about the Skype issue though. I know Skype is absolutely awful, but I haven't really experienced that particular issue with it.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2014, 10:24 PM by Mudbill.)
11-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82

Well someone suggested too that I should start the computer safe mode and then start MalwareBytes. I will try these two methods later.

Derp.
11-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82

Seems like there's something wrong with what-i-think-is-called adapter. I have to use it through my computer if I wanna get access to internet at all. Right now the internet is pretty fine. But I think I'm gonna have to buy a new one. I'm gonna go and say that the adapter is broken and I just need to buy a new one and everything should be fine.

If this is not the case, I will probably go back to this thread again. But everyone, thanks for taking a long time for trying to fix my computer. I would've never figured all this out on my own.

Thanks everyone. Tongue

Derp.
11-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Find