Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Steam Overture: Missing Images?
Allectus Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Steam Overture: Missing Images?

I just purchased overture on Steam and believe that the game may be missing images, in truth I don't know. I got to the artifact in the office of the first cave and activated it; upon which I was presented with a white screen and some text that lead me to believe I should be looking at something. I found a walkthrough on Gamefaqs that indicates that yes, I'm supposed to see an image there, so I dug through the game directory (\penumbra overture\redist\graphics\) and found nothing that matched the description given in the walkthrough.

Am I missing game resources? Is it just bugged? Am I wrong and all I'm supposed to see is a white screen with a caption on my first artifact activation?
06-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Steam Overture: Missing Images?

Seems all as it should, when using an artefact it should flash in white/yellow and some text commenting the event is displayed.
06-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Website Find
Allectus Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Steam OvertuMissing Images?

(06-07-2009, 05:07 PM)jens Wrote: Seems all as it should, when using an artefact it should flash in white/yellow and some text commenting the event is displayed.

That's what happens when I activate it again: just a brief flash and some text. The first activation appears fundamentally different however as it presents a full screen wash, as opposed to just a flash, that does not dissipate until I click through. The whole screen turns white (excepting the caption text, something about vaguely recognizing my father) and stays that way until I press a button. The walkthrough indicated that I was supposed to be looking at an image of my father clutching something at that time.

Again, my apologies if this is not the case; it just seemed odd and the only reason I even went looking for a walkthrough is because it seemed like something was missing and the walthrough seems to have confirmed that that is the case. So, the question is, is anything special or different supposed to happen on your very first artifact activation? If not then I'll just drop the issue and write it off as an odd anomaly. =)

My thanks in advance.
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Steam Overture: Missing Images?

No nothing in particular is supposed to happened, except that the text is different the first time and will be a couple of times throughout the game.
06-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Website Find
Allectus Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Steam OvertuMissing Images?

(06-07-2009, 06:08 PM)jens Wrote: No nothing in particular is supposed to happened, except that the text is different the first time and will be a couple of times throughout the game.

Alright then. Thank-you for the quick responses and sorry for bothering you. :redface:
06-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Find