Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Never Alone: A beautiful indie adventure.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Never Alone: A beautiful indie adventure.

I found a very beautiful looking game. What do you think about it?

11-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Never Alone: A beautiful indie adventure.

Reminds me of Limbo in many ways, but is of course much more colorful and gives me a more calm and relaxed feeling. I like it.

11-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(11-20-2014, 06:28 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Reminds me of Limbo in many ways, but is of course much more colorful and gives me a more calm and relaxed feeling. I like it.

Exactly what I thought.

Yet, since the game is called "Never alone", I'm gonna guess the boy and the fox is going to get separated one time. Things will head against climax. Sadness. Tears will be shed.
This game has potential.

Trying is the first step to success.
11-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82

I really like this actually. Would love to play this game.

Derp.
11-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

And the console peasants are saying the indie games are ruining the game industry. Had a rough conversation, and my side was defending that they are definitely not. Here's a good example, yet again. Indie games are the ones keeping the industry more interesting, fresh, they dare to bring unique ideas if not radical even. Unlike the "AAA" games, which are basically a sequel after sequel, a clone after clone. The companies are hardly making anything new. That's why there's the indie developers. My favourite game this year must be The Swapper, and tha's undeniably an indie game made by an indie team.

Fascinating looking game, by the way. Might even consider getting it.
11-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Find
dumpling Offline

Threads: 1

It looks promising. I agree with posters above who say it's similar to Limbo, but more colorful. I've had an influx of these type of games that I've never really played before from indie bundles and such, but this game looks interesting. Thanks for sharing; I might just get it.
12-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

To play the devil's advocate a bit, I suggest you all watch TotalBiscut's in-depth first impressions video on the game

To sum it up he thinks that the game has an absolutely fantastic art style, but does very little to break out of the typical mold many have come to expect from platforming games. He wishes it could've done more with the duel control gameplay. Also he thinks that the "special features" that are in the game in the form of embedded videos are a massively wasted opportunity because they did not take the chance to integrate showcasing Alaskan culture together with gameplay.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-10-2014, 06:11 AM
Find