Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

cant change resolution & screen flickers
j10jep2 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago cant change resolution & screen flickers

hi there

i try to start the game and "Could not set display mode and 640x480 is used instead!" comes up. then i get into the game at that resolution and the graphics are all flickery like im watching an old VHS tape or something i thought it was part of the main menu until i started a game and the game graphics were a flickerin too! i'm using the most stable video card drivers i could find. newest drivers for my geforce go 7600 make tf2 and l4d unplayable so im using the next to newest drivers because they work fine in every other game i own. is there some way to fix this
06-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Find
adnigcx Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: cant change resolution & screen flickers

Hi there
go to the OPENAL Website (http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/D...Items.aspx) and download oalinst for windows at first, its the newest opengl driver.

Afterwards go to C:\Users\name\Documents\Penumbra or C:\Users\name\Documents\Penumbra Overture and look for the settings.cfg, open it with the text editor.

Then change the <Screen Width="1920" Height="1200" FullScreen="true" to your resolution and save the config file.

now start the game again.

hope it´ll help

adnigcx
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009, 04:03 PM by Anie17.)
06-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Find
j10jep2 Offline

(06-17-2009, 04:03 PM)adnigcx Wrote: Hi there
go to the OPENAL Website (http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/D...Items.aspx) and download oalinst for windows at first, its the newest opengl driver.

Afterwards go to C:\Users\name\Documents\Penumbra or C:\Users\name\Documents\Penumbra Overture and look for the settings.cfg, open it with the text editor.

Then change the <Screen Width="1920" Height="1200" FullScreen="true" to your resolution and save the config file.

now start the game again.

hope it´ll help

adnigcx

thanks for the help except i get a 404 error while clicking your link! Sad
nvm i got it
okay that helped with my resolution problem but it still flickers :L
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Find
adnigcx Offline

Quote:okay that helped with my resolution problem but it still flickers :L

Ok, this is a Graphic driver issue, go to your Proberties and change de AA and AF to "auto" or "off" or whatever it is with Nvidea cards, sry but I dont know.
But change everything to off in your customization of your driver.

See if that works.

greez
adnigcx
06-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Find