Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs that should be fixed in a further update.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Bugs that should be fixed in a further update.

Hey Frictional Games,

it seems like the new version 1.3 of Amnesia TDD is causing crashes for many people and I heard that the issue was found and will be fixed in a further update.

Yesterday I tested the new version and I noticed some bugs that never got fixed. This are not bugs related to version 1.3, but they are still in the game. The community already created workarounds for some of the bugs, so it would be very easy to implement it in the next update.

Bugs:

1. Stuck in the morgue
2. Exploding shelf
3. Break the wall with hand
4. Control room lever 4
5. SSAO-Samples "64" and "128" in the Launcher.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 11:03 PM by Googolplex.)
12-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Bugs that should be fixed in a further update.

3. Unsure why the wall says it cannot be broken by hand when it was intentionally scripted to do so. It's not a bug, but perhaps a bad message?

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 12:34 AM by Mudbill.)
12-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Bugs that should be fixed in a further update.

Because it is a solution added after the text got locked for translation Smile
12-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(12-11-2014, 09:10 AM)jens Wrote: Because it is a solution added after the text got locked for translation Smile

Okay. I re-worked the german translation anyway. Fixed some grammar and replaced a lot of lines with much better texts. A while ago I talked about the bad designed hints and mementos in Amnesia. Some mementos were not written by Daniel, instead they read like they were general hints for the player. This was really bad for the immersion. My new texts changed that like it was in Penumbra (where you will read Philip's thoughts) and my goal was to make the game even more immersive. I only improved the german lang, because I am from Germany. I gladly would also do this for the english lang, but my knowledge is not as good to guarantee a perfect result. My new texts are no longer a 1:1 translation, but they are better than the original. I don't change story relevant content, so that the experience will be what it should.

I also optimized some scenes where the player got distracted beacuse of inappropriate text messages. For example the scene in the cells area where you touch the rusty padlock of the gate and see a brute walking along the other side. When touching the padlock a message appears that it is in good condition. But this message distracts the player from the scary scene, which is losing impact. So I removed the text line from the lang file that you are always focused on the brute. After touching the padlock again, the text message will appear. So you see I worked hard to create the best possible experience and I am absolutely sure of what I did. And it is a much better experience for everyone.

So when you are interested, just let me know.

I also fixed the control room bug by changing this entry:

if(GetLocalVarInt("Progress") == 3){

to

if(GetLocalVarInt("Progress") == 4){

This will enhance the total puzzle count to fix the bug with the piston puzzle that counts twice times. So you still need to solve the other two puzzles (weights and pipes).

There is also a workaround for the drilling event in the morgue.

Would be great if all that good stuff get a place into the next update!Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 08:20 PM by Googolplex.)
12-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You can always upload your modification to the game as a "Game Enhancer" sorta mod that people can download. As for the last control room puzzle, I never actually encountered that bug myself. Perhaps it's only triggered if you touch around the levers after completing it, but by making it == 4, then you're required to execute the bug in order to finish the objective. Perhaps you should adjust that? You could always try actually patching the bug instead of working around it :3

12-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(12-11-2014, 09:41 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You can always upload your modification to the game as a "Game Enhancer" sorta mod that people can download. As for the last control room puzzle, I never actually encountered that bug myself. Perhaps it's only triggered if you touch around the levers after completing it, but by making it == 4, then you're required to execute the bug in order to finish the objective. Perhaps you should adjust that? You could always try actually patching the bug instead of working around it :3

I'm not a programmer. But you have right, when the total puzzle count is set to 4, then you need to operate all the levers again. But this is better than to have the possibility to skip one of these great puzzles.
12-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Find