Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How do you erase certain parts of the memory?
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory?

(06-16-2009, 10:39 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: lol, I was thinking about this last time I hypnotized someone. Find a hypnotist, he can make you forget.
I'm pretty sure, though, that if you have a hypnotist make you forget, when you play it again you'll have déjà vu about the experiences and not remember what they are. Then it'll get like one of those Star Trek episodes where everyone starts having sudden flashbacks of stuff and they find out they were abducted. I would like to be scared shitless but not in any sense that I'm unsure about what happened while I was asleep last night.
06-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Website Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(06-16-2009, 10:49 PM)Lee Wrote:
(06-16-2009, 10:39 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: lol, I was thinking about this last time I hypnotized someone. Find a hypnotist, he can make you forget.
I'm pretty sure, though, that if you have a hypnotist make you forget, when you play it again you'll have déjà vu about the experiences and not remember what they are. Then it'll get like one of those Star Trek episodes where everyone starts having sudden flashbacks of stuff and they find out they were abducted. I would like to be scared shitless but not in any sense that I'm unsure about what happened while I was asleep last night.

You would not. You would have no memory whatsoever of ever having played the game.

[Image: 16455.png]
06-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

...of course, that's assuming even a hypnotist would have the power to do that.

I highly doubt a hypnotist would have that kind of power at all--no one can just snap your fingers and make you forget like that. The only things I can see that would make you forget are the following:

1.) Getting hit in the back of the head hard/repeatedly.
2.) Coming down with a condition that, in some fashion, deteriorates brain function (i.e. Alzheimers)
3.) Having so much stress/trauma associated with that kind of memory that you end up actually suppressing it. And I mean a LOT of stress--like, you'd have to be close to completely losing your sanity. A hypnotist, at this stage, might be able to help you forget. Not to mention that it would be...odd if you really encountered such high levels of stress over a video game.

There could be others I'm not thinking of at the moment though.

06-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(06-17-2009, 03:20 AM)graykin Wrote: ...of course, that's assuming even a hypnotist would have the power to do that.

I highly doubt a hypnotist would have that kind of power at all--no one can just snap your fingers and make you forget like that. The only things I can see that would make you forget are the following:

1.) Getting hit in the back of the head hard/repeatedly.
2.) Coming down with a condition that, in some fashion, deteriorates brain function (i.e. Alzheimers)
3.) Having so much stress/trauma associated with that kind of memory that you end up actually suppressing it. And I mean a LOT of stress--like, you'd have to be close to completely losing your sanity. A hypnotist, at this stage, might be able to help you forget. Not to mention that it would be...odd if you really encountered such high levels of stress over a video game.

There could be others I'm not thinking of at the moment though.

I'm a hypnotist, and I've got no trouble making anyone forget, lol.

[Image: 16455.png]
06-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Find
Renegade_ Offline

Threads: 2

Hey, if he can erase the Periodic Table from your memory in seconds, he could probably do wonders to get rid of the game too.
give him a shout: clarence@tuurngait.com
06-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

Now seriously. Why should you want to forget your game experience? If you don't remember how did you played the game then you can't remember your experience. So playing the game is pointless when you don't remember nothing from it. Or am I missing something?

Check out the unofficial Frictional Games group on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/frictionalgamesfans
06-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Find
Droogie Offline

Threads: 0

(06-17-2009, 06:24 PM)Klayman Wrote: Now seriously. Why should you want to forget your game experience? If you don't remember how did you played the game then you can't remember your experience. So playing the game is pointless when you don't remember nothing from it. Or am I missing something?

It's so we can have the joy of playing it again. Playing the games obviously was the high point of our lives and we just can't go on knowing nothing will live up to it.
06-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

(06-18-2009, 02:54 AM)Droogie Wrote:
(06-17-2009, 06:24 PM)Klayman Wrote: Now seriously. Why should you want to forget your game experience? If you don't remember how did you played the game then you can't remember your experience. So playing the game is pointless when you don't remember nothing from it. Or am I missing something?

It's so we can have the joy of playing it again. Playing the games obviously was the high point of our lives and we just can't go on knowing nothing will live up to it.

Electricshock on the head is a good way to lose all new memories. :mrgreen: (and your life) Tongue:

Its even used to cure some mental problems. Wink:
06-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Find
Aliennoffe Offline

Threads: 18

If it's too scary, find a predator frend, he might could help you.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
06-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Find
Fred
Unregistered

Has anyone found a solution so far? We haven't, and the situation is at its most critical point, we can't continue like this, must... have... new... horror game... urgh...
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2009, 04:54 PM by partthethird.)
07-27-2009, 07:13 PM