Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Stuck in Requiem Level 6
eoverton Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Stuck in Requiem Level 6

I'm having a similar problem to the one mentioned in this thread:

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2775

Specifically, the framerate drops to about 2fps when I load Requiem level 6 from the menu. All of my saved games are in level 6, so I can't even try playing through in one go from the 5th level like the previous poster did. Anyone have any solutions? Or barring that, could someone point me to a save file from the next level? It'd be a shame to have to stop playing the final game because of a glitch.

Playing on a MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, OSX 10.5.7
06-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Find
dungbeetle Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Stuck in Requiem Level 6

I am also experiencing the same problem from the previous post and from the referred thread. Isn't there really any solution?

Playing on MacBook Pro, 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, OSX 10.5.7

(06-16-2009, 05:07 AM)eoverton Wrote: I'm having a similar problem to the one mentioned in this thread:

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2775

Specifically, the framerate drops to about 2fps when I load Requiem level 6 from the menu. All of my saved games are in level 6, so I can't even try playing through in one go from the 5th level like the previous poster did. Anyone have any solutions? Or barring that, could someone point me to a save file from the next level? It'd be a shame to have to stop playing the final game because of a glitch.

Playing on a MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, OSX 10.5.7
07-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Please upload a saved game from this level that has this 2fps behaviour. Saved games are in ~/Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra and also take the hpl.log file and upload it too.
07-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Website Find
dungbeetle Offline

I seem not to be able to upload any file. In the attachment box it says: You are currently using N/A of your allocated attachment usage (14.65 MB) and after Add Attachment I get:
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server.

Am I doing anything wrong?

And by the way, just like the first poster about this problem, mine has also disappeared without any obvious reason. I just went for lunch, left the computer on and when I came back, the game after loading ran smoothly. Anyway, I loaded level 5, finished it, died in level 6 and after loading the same problem as before appeared.

(07-22-2009, 07:54 AM)jens Wrote: Please upload a saved game from this level that has this 2fps behaviour. Saved games are in ~/Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra and also take the hpl.log file and upload it too.
07-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Oh, please compress the file before uploading it.
07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Website Find
arskq Offline

Attached is a compressed file containing both a problematic savefile and a
engine log file.

The problem manifests itself when loading a save. Last night I loaded a
save from level 5 and everything ran smoothly in level 6 also. Unfortunately
that last working save file was overwritten by the game.

My system is an early 2009 iMac, with the default integrated graphics.

-A
07-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Really strange, in your save it seems as though there are some boxes that have been caught in an endless loop of collisions. Which would definitely make the game come to a crawl. At the moment no clues how these rare occasions can occur, I have attached a .zip with a save that I know will work. The save should also work if you save using it and then load it again.
07-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Website Find
arskq Offline

Thank you, the save works just fine. And also other saves after it.

If I had to guess what boxes were caught in an endless loop, I'd say
one is the switch in the tower, since I found it spinning rapidly about
its x-axis last time I played. Other candidates include the electric cabinet
doors, as I saw them slide away once, after loading a corrupted save.

-A
07-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Find