Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Black Plague, NEED HELP!
jssi03 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra: Black Plague, NEED HELP!

The game has been running flawlessly up until I enter the Research lab where you are to meet Amabel. Then it becomes really laggy to the point of where I get about 1 frame per minute! that is right 1 frame per MINUTE! Not second. It is at this point the game is frozen. Plus I am stuck here cause when I go to continue the game I am in that area! So there is no more Black Plague for me I guess. The game is up to date to version 1.01. As I said it ran flawlessly up to this point.... one thing I have noticed that once in a while when I appear in the room I am under the floor or stuck in between it then about 10 seconds later I am placed at the correct hight for the floor but I cannot move no matter how long I wait. It is hard to deal with cause it takes soo long just to turn. One time I got out and back into the hall way outside the Research lab and then the game starts running fine so its this room that is having the trouble. Also when I am stuck in that room I noticed in my Task Manager that it starts to use more and more memory and slowing down my PC.

Is there anything I can do about this? It is patched to 1.01... It would be nice to be able to finish this game.
06-07-2009, 03:29 AM
Find
chadosia Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra: Black Plague, NEED HELP!

I have the same problem at what seems to be the same spot. As soon as I enter the research facility I can hardly move, just crazy ammounts of lag out of the blue.I'm playing it through steam..don't know, anyone have any idea's? Smile
The game has run perfectly up until this point.
Fixed it. I loaded my last save from the kennels..ran to the lab, key card...entered and no lag at all. Give it a try too.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2009, 08:29 PM by HeHadNoise.)
06-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Damn. That's my favorite part of the game...

I have no clue how to fix it.
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Website Find
jssi03 Offline

I just hope someone can figure it out and do something about it cause I am all out of ideas. I actaully tried starting over and loading different saves and defragmenting and all that stuff even using Steam's defrag on it and useing the varification tool as well and still no change. I also have it for Steam. Maybe it is just Steam? They messed something up when they put it on thier servers? Who knows but until it is solved I will never actually beat BP by myself. I had to go and search and search for the ending from that exact point on to see what happens.
06-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Find
chadosia Offline

I fixed it by loading my last save at the kennels and legging it back to the lab..it didn't lag that time. Not sure, that doesn't work for you? Try it a few times perhaps?
06-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Find
SirSafir Offline

Try reloading that same savage, reloading the game/steam, and try restarting your computer. Other than that i have no idea what a fix would be, other than get a better pc. (if infact its a pc problem, since i had no problem with the game)
06-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Find
adnigcx Offline

Threads: 1

I´ve got the same problem at Penumbra Requiem Level 06 Powerstation.
After I load this game, i´ve 1 frame per 20 seconds. And I´ve no clue either Sad
hope someone got an idea.
06-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Find
jssi03 Offline

Well thanks for the tips, but for me it is still not working. I have done everything. Defragmenting, restarting, re-installing/downloading from Steam, making sure it was a clean install and that all the files are good. I guess I just cannot go to that part and beat the game myself. I just googled that part of the game to see what happens and wow did I miss out. The first time you have an oppertunity to attack those things.

On another note I wish someone would make a mod so that you can at least have a gun with a few bullets in it. Not make it a full blown FPS but just something you can use to kill those things cause they FREAK ME THE F... OUT! OMG I wish there were means to get even, cause I am terrified while running from them LOL if I had at least a way of attacking them. It would be cool to vent the fear/anger on them Tongue Also when you run out of ammo for it you can still use it to head butt them that would be cool. Maybe add a few puzzles involving the gun too.
06-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Find
Aliennoffe Offline

Threads: 18

Have you killed the zombie?

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
06-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

What's that got to do with low framerate?
06-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Website Find