Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever been scared by your own mod?
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Have you ever been scared by your own mod?

(12-30-2014, 08:22 AM)Spelos Wrote: Especially with my custom monster, it's behaviour is really strange and yesterday amnesia decided, that it's a good idea to not crash with two functions using the same name. So while I was expecting the secret door to open, I didn't expect my monster to appear.

Creepy pasta in the making Smile

12-31-2014, 01:11 AM
Find
Vale Offline

Threads: 13

I was testing one of my maps, and at one point I had edited the script and retested it so it wouldn't play the music to go with the level. While testing, I found that in one of the rooms there was a thumping that sounded like footsteps or something.
I assumed it was something colliding with another object somewhere, so I spent a while looking for it.
I was unable to find the source of the noise, which would start and stop at random.
It creeped me a fair little.
As for actually being scared, on my old computer I was developing a couple different mods, one which was an amnesia minigames bundle (essentially custom stories not runnable from the main game but only from a special full conversion.) One of the minigames took place in a dark maze where the player had to survive three minutes, and as time passed the game spawned more and more brutes into the dark space to wander around looking for the player. I was somehow so scared the entire time that I used an exploit that I knew of to hide through the whole thing just to make sure the victory system worked.
Unfortunately, my cat broke my last external hard drive that I had the project on, so it was lost.
01-17-2015, 04:27 AM
Find
dailycreepypasta Offline

Threads: 18

(12-22-2014, 01:50 AM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote: I'm not sure if this should go into CS development or the normal CS section but anyway, I was wondering if anybody on here ever got scared by their own mod at somepoint or another? I was testing out one of latest levels in Amnesia:The Streets of London and I was so freaked out by it that I exited the game. I wonder at this stage of your own mod actually scaring you should be a sign that your doing something right? What do you guys think?

It's only happened once to me. I was testing out a level and I had a bunch of boulders stacked on other. Me, being the derp I am, forgot to set static psychics, and I turned around to look at it and boulders literally flew at my character's face and I jumped. Tongue

Creator of "The Night I Went Insane".

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-night-i-went-insane
02-16-2015, 02:02 AM
Find
Warkin Offline

Threads: 0

(12-22-2014, 01:50 AM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote: I'm not sure if this should go into CS development or the normal CS section but anyway, I was wondering if anybody on here ever got scared by  their own mod at somepoint or another? I was testing out one of latest levels in Amnesia:The Streets of London and I was so  freaked out by it that I exited the game. I wonder at this stage of your own mod actually scaring you should be a sign that your doing something right? What do you guys think?
I'll admit it, my own maps have scared me to the point of turning off the game and going outside. ._.
09-17-2018, 05:42 AM
Find
Eren20Kruger00 Offline

Threads: 4

Well, testing/playing Horror Rebuild scares me a lot, I remember well in one moment that I literally forgot about an insanity vision that I setted on the game, wich was a statue and I jump scared myslef lel. Since counting that in Original Amnesia these are not present, is not always that easy to remember.
Also recently for the full conversion I changed some monster sounds and stats, bringed headphones because I hate myself and I was so damn scared.
12-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Find
HappyMatt12345 Offline

Threads: 6

(12-22-2014, 01:50 AM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote: I'm not sure if this should go into CS development or the normal CS section but anyway, I was wondering if anybody on here ever got scared by  their own mod at somepoint or another? I was testing out one of latest levels in Amnesia:The Streets of London and I was so  freaked out by it that I exited the game. I wonder at this stage of your own mod actually scaring you should be a sign that your doing something right? What do you guys think?

I would say if you get scared by your own mod, it means 3 things, 1: You are a coward with horror games, 2: The mod is actually scary, 3: You should keep using the tactics that scare you and your friends. 

My custom story scares me when testing on a CONSTANT basis. I suck with horror games, but I like them still XD

Developer of Order of the Skull
12-31-2018, 04:32 AM
Find