Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Screen is off
fgdime Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Screen is off

At install time, running the .sh file gave me these errors:

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing nixstaller.........................................................
Collecting info for this system...
Operating system: linux
CPU Arch: x86_64
Warning: No installer for "x86_64" found, defaulting to x86...
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so

But the game installed fine afterwards. I currently run with 2 monitors using twinview, main monitor is the right one at 1680x1050 and secondary is to the left at 1280x1024. When I run the game, it loads on my primary monitor the left half black and the right half showing 3/4 of the game screen.

I can change the resolution in game but this doesn't help. Changing the resolution and fullscreen=true/false line in ~/PenumbraCollection/Overture/config/default_settings.cfg doesn't do anything.
07-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Screen is off

Could you try running in single monitor mode and see what happens?
You should not edit the default_settings.cfg file, that is the file the game uses to create the user settings.cfg file. I can't recall exactly where but in your home folder you should find a settings.cfg file in a Frictional or Penumbra .folder
07-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Website Find
fgdime Offline

Threads: 1

(07-18-2009, 07:20 PM)jens Wrote: Could you try running in single monitor mode and see what happens?
You should not edit the default_settings.cfg file, that is the file the game uses to create the user settings.cfg file. I can't recall exactly where but in your home folder you should find a settings.cfg file in a Frictional or Penumbra .folder

It works fine when I disable twinview and go back to 1 monitor.

I looked around the Overture folder and couldn't find the user settings.cfg. I wanted to edit it manually to try the game not fullscreen to see if that would work with dual monitors. Or do I have to copy the default settings file and rename it to settings.cfg?
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Find
bajatar Offline

Threads: 0

(07-18-2009, 11:53 PM)fgdime Wrote: I looked around the Overture folder and couldn't find the user settings.cfg. I wanted to edit it manually to try the game not fullscreen to see if that would work with dual monitors. Or do I have to copy the default settings file and rename it to settings.cfg?

The settings file is here:
~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Overture/settings.cfg

There's an entry for resolution and fullscreen toggle, e.g.:
<Screen Width="1280" Height="960" FullScreen="true" Vsync="true" />
07-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Find