Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Cosplayers unite!
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
Cosplayers unite!

Hello my dear friends :D

It's been a while since I'm not here, and I'm sorry for that. I thought about a project that I will like for sure, and most of you would love to do one of those too: I'm talking about cosplays.

For people who don't know what a cosplay is: basically, it's a way to dress up as one of your favorite characters, to feel like it or just to show off. Last cosplay I made was a Killing Floor cosplay (don't you worry guys I'll try to upload a pic of me) and for this year I want to get in the adventure of cosplaying as Isaac Clarke, the mythical engineer from Dead Space (still dunno if first suit or third)

So, basically: This thread is for cosplayers here in this forum or just to show what cosplays you would like to do, why... and ways to make them/where to buy them. I feel like cosplaying is something extremely fun to do, although not actually cheap. Lots of things cost an awful lot of money, or are hard to make... Well, this thread is for this: To unite all cosplayers in this forum.

I'll begin with me:

As I have stated before I'll make an Isaac Clarke cosplay. The idea was to make the level 1 suit for less problems:

http://www.theoldergamers.com/images/scr...shot01.jpg
http://www.technogog.com/wp-content/uplo...ead8-4.jpg

But the level 3 suit looks plain badass:

http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/c/8/0/gf...8_2_15.jpg

My problem is the budget: Does anyone know the cheapest way to make cosplay stuff? Also, how to add details to base structures? Refering to budgets, I guess the level 1 suit would be easier, but if there was a way to make the level 3 suit without spending way too much in comparison, then it's cool :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Cosplayers unite!

Killing floor cosplay ? I play that game and there are no particularly interesting characters :|
Or maybe you cosplayed a monster ?

I once made an Assassins Creed cosplay, but never really finished it. I had no material, tools and skill to work with leather and metal. I was inspired by this guy:
http://www.assassinscostume.com He made suits from every part of AC so far. He really puts a lot of attention to details, but he usually screws up them hoods.

Making such things ? Unless you're making ehm... "real world stuff" I cannot help you. Sci fi and anime characters quite often wear outfits and have weapons made of strange things, so... However, I'm sure you will find plenty of guides in the net Wink

01-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Yeah I'm already finding plenty of things out there, but feedback from a known forum ain't bad :)

Well I made a Killing Floor inspired cosplay, that would fit better. I think it was called "Sergeant Lewis", but I added a helmet because it looked cooler :3 *gas mask included*

I'll take a look at that assassins creed link, I've got a friend which may be interested :3

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(01-21-2015, 06:48 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Killing floor cosplay ? I play that game and there are no particularly interesting characters :|

I think Killing Floor wasn't really thought through that well. Simply just jumped from modification to a commercial release. All the characters have same voice actor, exact same lines (excluding the Premium DLC) and therefore altogether very boring.

I personally use the character with the BioCola t-shirt. Only because of my love for Coca-Cola. But then again, I cannot remember his name because all of the characters are so forgettable. Only thing I remember are some of the lines.

But about Killing Floor cosplay, that character would be easy to play due to the fact that the BioCola t-shirt is sold as merchandise.

01-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Aww man, I miss this stuff. I still need to finish my DS2 engineer suit, then I might make a ODST sniper set like Romeo.

I started my DS2 engineer suit off from a model given to me by a lovely friend from the game itself. It was triangulated and not in T-pose, so I had to clean up each part of the model, simplify it for Pepakura (if you're not familiar with it, I suggest looking it up. It's where you make a 3D model into printed out faces for paperfolding. Very often used in making Halo and Iron Man costumes), then I printed out the basic shapes and traced them onto EVA Foam (exercise mats about an inch thick) Then just, repeat, glue, repeat, glue... Here's some WIP shots I took when I was making it.

Spoiler below!

3D model while I was cleaning it up
[Image: eluxcmU.png]

[Image: dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___5_by_...5lledf.jpg]

Not the best picture here but it has all of the upper body
[Image: dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___9_by_...5ojyop.jpg]

[Image: dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___12_by...5q01o8.jpg]

I've also done things like Pyramid Head, Condemned Oro mask, Adam Syringe from Bioshock... Great, now I'm dreaming again.
02-04-2015, 05:39 AM
Find