Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some flaws...
ShnitzelKiller Offline

Threads: 13
Some flaws...

In the part in the kennels where you die in the darkness - when you turn on your flashlight and look around before you die, you can see that there's absolutely nothing there, though I'll assume it's supposed to be Frisk the dog man.

Also, in the part where clarence is manipulating your senses to make you kill Swanson, how come the hallucination of a zombie is able to kill you? And why would she be in the exact spot under the box when you let it drop? A human would know better, when I'm turning a wheel which lifts a box with obvious intent.

And lastly, when you hide from a zombie (well, this happened specifically in the spot right after leaving the kennels where there's a zombie at the top of the stairs and I hid in a room behind some boxes) while the zombie stands there with his flashlight, every single key tap will trigger him to say something ("who there" "nothing! Gnagnashchlarp"). If you tap left and right really fast, he'll be saying so many things at once he sounds like he's having a seizure.

[Image: Cloud_dance_3_by_ShnitzelKiller.gif]
08-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Find
C-zom Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Some flaws...

The greatest horrors are the ones you can't see. Its obviously Frisk, and Penumbra doesn't NEED jump scares to get the atmosphere. Did you even *look* down that hallway when the lights were off? It took me ten minutes to muster the strength to even try to walk down it. Penumbra's horror comes from the atmosphere, not the monsters...

I've got to agree with you here. However, everything you see can be a lie at times. What Clarence wants you to believe is a monster coming to kill you could be Amabell trying to give you a hug. "If you free me, I'll give you the biggest hug of your life."

(I'm sure that referenced something that was *not* a hug, but bare with me. Tongue)

This sounds like a gameplay glitch to me, did you patch up? I've never run into this problem and did reconstruct that scenario today. Doesn't happen for me.

08-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Find
ShnitzelKiller Offline

(08-13-2009, 02:08 AM)C-zom Wrote: I've got to agree with you here. However, everything you see can be a lie at times. What Clarence wants you to believe is a monster coming to kill you could be Amabell trying to give you a hug. "If you free me, I'll give you the biggest hug of your life."

She must really want that hug... even after I threw an egg at her repeatedly, wouldn't that be a disconcerting factor? (there's a spider egg in the shelf) still, she wouldn't be standing under that thing regardless of what you're seeing.

08-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Well, she could have been Tuurnga-crazy. Oh, and another symptom is déjà vu.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
08-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Website Find
Aliennoffe Offline

Threads: 18

(08-13-2009, 02:08 AM)C-zom Wrote: The greatest horrors are the ones you can't see. Its obviously Frisk, and Penumbra doesn't NEED jump scares to get the atmosphere. Did you even *look* down that hallway when the lights were off? It took me ten minutes to muster the strength to even try to walk down it. Penumbra's horror comes from the atmosphere, not the monsters...

I've got to agree with you here. However, everything you see can be a lie at times. What Clarence wants you to believe is a monster coming to kill you could be Amabell trying to give you a hug. "If you free me, I'll give you the biggest hug of your life."

(I'm sure that referenced something that was *not* a hug, but bare with me. Tongue)

This sounds like a gameplay glitch to me, did you patch up? I've never run into this problem and did reconstruct that scenario today. Doesn't happen for me.

I agree, but scarier monsters whould make Penumbra even better. But the atmosphere is also inportant!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
08-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Find
ShnitzelKiller Offline

(08-13-2009, 12:38 PM)Lee Wrote: Well, she could have been Tuurnga-crazy. Oh, and another symptom is déjà vu.

I thought that was you undergoing the symptom, thinking she'd said it before.

08-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Hm, never thought about that being Phillip. I was thinking that Amabel was saying things twice.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
08-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Website Find
ShnitzelKiller Offline

(08-13-2009, 07:38 PM)Lee Wrote: Hm, never thought about that being Phillip. I was thinking that Amabel was saying things twice.

It wouldn't be deja vu in her case; that is when you think something happened before when it hasn't, like the patient insisting he had already had some specific test run on him when that wasn't possible. She probably only said it once, but you think she said it twice. Pretty obvious it's you, anyway, since you're infected for sure.

08-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

(08-12-2009, 07:05 AM)ShnitzelKiller Wrote: In the part in the kennels where you die in the darkness - when you turn on your flashlight and look around before you die, you can see that there's absolutely nothing there, though I'll assume it's supposed to be Frisk the dog man.

I've heard this once before, what area is this you're talking about?
If it's the place where you have to push crates in front of holes it's obviously rock worms that kill you and not Frisk. Or do you mean some other place?
Also the Amabel thing has been discussed several times. We don't know at all what happened in there, or even if Amabel was under Tuurngait influence. On the death thing, shortly: if you believe it can kill you, it can kill you. Clarence is able to manipulate your mind into killing youself, but only if you believe in it. A sick persons mind can kill the person if it believes it is dying because of some disease or mental disorder.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(08-16-2009, 05:41 PM)Kedjane Wrote: If it's the place where you have to push crates in front of holes it's obviously rock worms that kill you and not Frisk.

I would disagree - the rock worms would not be stopped by those crates and they are too big to fit in those holes. So I´d say that it is Frisk.

Besides, the sounds you hear when getting killed at that spot doesn´t sound like the sounds you hear when the rock worm is nearby.
08-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Find