Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Quality Monster Pack
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
High Quality Monster Pack

So after long development of In Lucy's Eyes and releasing it, the Red Line Games team are moving on to Unreal Engine 4, which means that we won't work with HPL2 anymore. Even though you can use our monsters by downloading our mod, I decided to contribute to the forum, as a last thing, by sharing all of my monster that were used in ILE, aswell as a new one that I made during this weekend for tutorial purposes. As a pack.

[Image: ZNRmn8d.png]

This pack includes 4 completely new high quality animated monsters in which I have put in about 80 hours of hard work. Feel free to use them in your projects as long as you give me (or Red Line Games) a proper credit.

Let me introduce the monsters:

Monster Chubby - Bigger than any of the other three monsters, this guy uses his giant knife arms to slice his victims. This monster has 6 animations - Idle, Walk, Run, Attack, Run Attack and Notice. All you need for a monster that can chase and kill the player. Grunt sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated Tentacle

Monster Skinny - After losing his eyes his vision has been greatly reduced making him being better at using his hearing senses to track down his victims. This monster is fully animated with 13 animations, the same amount as the grunt or the brute. Custom sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated Chain

Monster Buffy - Another big monster, and he has lost his arm. He's fast, and he's dangerous. Fully animated, just like the grunt and the brute. Custom sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated Chain And Jaw

Monster Ghost - A creepy monster pefectly suited for tensing the player and creeping him out. Only has 2 animations as it was used for cinematic purposes - Idle and Walk. However you can use the maya files that I'll include and make more animations for this monster yourself. No sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated Hair

Remember, if you want to change the stats or sounds of these monsters you can do so by editing the .ent file

The Pack (includes all the monsters ready to be used indside the level editor) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5un7b3...r+Pack.rar

The Pack Maya Version (includes all the maya files. Only for those who want to change the animations or add their own ones): http://www.mediafire.com/download/sst5r3...+Files.rar

Credits:

NiksonX for making some sounds for the skinny monster. Great job on that man!

Freesound.org users for some custom sounds: klankbeeld, lolamadeus, xanco123, annannienann, patricklieberkind, ifartinurgeneraldirection

But I want to know how I can make my own monster??!!

Well you're in luck! As I made the chubby monster during this weekned I recorded all the footage of the process. I'm working on 5 hour long tutorial serie/course where I'll be showing and explaining how to make a fully working monster for HPL2.

I'll be covering everything from designing your monster, sculpting, polypaiting, making a game model, to UV unwrapping, making your texture maps, rigging, animating, exporting, and setting your monster up in HPL2.

This course will be aimed mostly towards beginners and for those who are a bit more expierenced but don't quite know how to approach the pipeline of a character, or a monster production, specifically for HPL2, or other game engine. Of course, how good your own monster will turn out will depend alot on your anatomy, sculpting, and modeling skills. I'm just going to show my personal workflow and hopefully I'll be able to teach something.

Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Zbrush (or any other sculpting program), Blender and Maya will be required.

Here's the development article: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid315722

Happy modding! Smile

Juras

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 04:14 PM by Juras.)
02-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: High Quality Monster Pack

Oh man, these will surely be a great contribution to future mods and CSes. Good stuff, good stuff!
I really think many people have been waiting for something like this. Perhaps I'll make use of it myself if I were to get back into HPL2 to finish some projects. I'll check out that course once I get the time to Smile

I wish you luck with Unreal!

02-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Find
Juras Offline

(02-08-2015, 09:34 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Oh man, these will surely be a great contribution to future mods and CSes. Good stuff, good stuff!
I really think many people have been waiting for something like this. Perhaps I'll make use of it myself if I were to get back into HPL2 to finish some projects. I'll check out that course once I get the time to Smile

I wish you luck with Unreal!

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now, hopefully I'm not too late and some people will be able to use these monsters in their projects before the modding for ATDD completely dies out after SOMA comes out.

There's also barely any tutorials when it comes to making monsters so I thought I'd make a thorough course in video form for that subject so more people can start making their own monsters.

Anyway, thank you for your appreciation. Your contributions with tutorials has also been great help to many people when it comes to HPL2 Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015, 09:51 PM by Juras.)
02-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Find
Icaab2608 Offline

Threads: 37

(02-08-2015, 09:13 PM)Juras Wrote: So after long development of In Lucy's Eyes and releasing it, the Red Line Games team are moving on to Unreal Engine 4, which means that we won't work with HPL2 anymore. Even though you can use our monsters by downloading our mod, I decided to contribute to the forum, as a last thing, by sharing all of my monster that were used in ILE, aswell as a new one that I made during this weekend for tutorial purposes. As a pack.

[Image: ZNRmn8d.png]

This pack includes 4 completely new high quality monsters in which I have put in about 80 hours of hard work. Feel free to use them in your projects as long as you give me (or Red Line Games) a proper credit.

Let me introduce the monsters:

Monster Chubby - Bigger than any of the other three monsters, this guy uses his giant knife arms to slice his victims. This monster has 6 animations - Idle, Walk, Run, Attack, Run Attack and Notice. All you need for a monster that can chase and kill the player. Grunt sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated Tentacle

Monster Skinny - After losing his eyes his vision has been greatly reduced making him being better at using his hearing senses to track down his victims. This monster is fully animated with 13 animations, the same amount as the grunt or the brute. Custom sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated Chain

Monster Buffy - Another big monster who has lost his arm. He's fast, and he's dangerous. Fully animated, just like the grunt and the brute. Custom sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated Chain

Monster Ghost - A creepy monster pefectly suited for tensing the player and creeping him out. Only has 2 animations as it was used for cinematic purposes - Idle and Walk. However you can use the maya files that I'll include and make more animations for this monster yourself. No sounds applied. Misc Feature: Animated hair

Remember, if you want to change the stats or sounds of these monsters you can do so by editing the .ent file

The Pack (includes all the monsters ready to be used indside the level editor) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/dor95r...r+Pack.rar

The Pack Maya Version (includes all the maya files. Only for those who want to change the animations or add their own ones): http://www.mediafire.com/download/sst5r3...+Files.rar

Credits:

NiksonX for making some sounds for the skinny monster. Great job on that man!

Freesound.org users for some custom sounds: klankbeeld, lolamadeus, xanco123, annannienann, patricklieberkind, ifartinurgeneraldirection

But I want to know how I can make my own monster??!!

Well you're in luck! As I made the chubby monster during this weekned I recorded all the footage of the process. I'm working on 5 hour long tutorial serie/course where I'll be showing and explaining how to make a fully working monster for HPL2.

I'll be covering everything from designing your monster, sculpting, polypaiting, making a game model, to UV unrwapping, making your texture maps, rigging, animating, exporting, and setting your monster up in HPL2.

First 3 parts of the course are already up and you can watch it starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3FuWb3OQQ

This course will be aimed mostly towards beginners and for those who are a bit more expierenced but don't quite know how to approach the pipeline of a character, or a monster production, specifically for HPL2, or other game engine. Of course, how good your own monster will turn out will depend alot on your anatomy, sculpting, and modeling skills. I'm just going to show my personal workflow and hopefulyl I'll be able to teach something.

Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Zbrush (or any other sculpting program), Blender and Maya will be required.

I'll make a Development Article thread once I have more parts of my course up on youtube. Expect that somewhere this week.

Happy modding! Smile

Juras

Good work).
02-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

+1 rep for you Juras.
You are a nice guy a smart guy and you have some great tutorials!
02-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Thank ya, Icaab, and DnALANGE Smile

02-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Find
TinchoSnot99 Offline

Threads: 1

That was incredibly nice made man, I liked the monsters, it makes them look totally 100 times more creepy than the actual ones. And also is a great value the fact that you modified them all on your own, and now you teached me how to do it so I'm running out for more (?
02-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Website Find
Juras Offline

(02-10-2015, 12:48 PM)TinchoSnot99 Wrote: That was incredibly nice made man, I liked the monsters, it makes them look totally 100 times more creepy than the actual ones. And also is a great value the fact that you modified them all on your own, and now you teached me how to do it so I'm running out for more (?

Thank you. And sorry if didn't quite understand your last phrase but, was it a question?

02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I think it was a typo and that was supposed to be a smiley face (:

Also it's pretty darn awesome of you to release these models, which I think I said already with a rep, but I'm saying it again as a comment.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
02-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Find
Juras Offline

(02-11-2015, 04:14 AM)CarnivorousJelly Wrote: I think it was a typo and that was supposed to be a smiley face (:

Also it's pretty darn awesome of you to release these models, which I think I said already with a rep, but I'm saying it again as a comment.

Yeah, I figured ^

And I saw your rep. Thank you for your appreciation. Smile I'm glad that these monsters can be in use by some other people who might be tired of using the grunt and the brute all the time.

02-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Find