Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Almost there...
RaajLio Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Almost there...

Hi!

I have the Haptx version of Penumbra : Overture. I've installed it, followed by the patch found on Haptx's website. This first patch fixed LOST of graphical issues due to ATI GPU.

Still, there are 3 major problems with the graphical state of the game :
-Problems due to bloom. Solution = Bloom off (I don't mind)
-Pixelized lines on top of the screen. Solution = live with it...
-Huge objects flashed around the map (a red jacket in the first room of the game) Solution = I DON'T HAVE ONE.

Notes :
-Yes, my ATI drivers are up to date.
-Resolution set manually to 1680x1050
-Other resolutions = same problems
-No options in the ingame graphic settings affect those glitches
-I want to apply the 1.0.3 hotfix, but I have the Haptx version AND the installer does not drop the files in the correct path.

Someone previously wrote about the problem, and found the solution himself. BUT HE DID NOT TELL WHO HE FIXED IT Wink

So, anyone could help?

Cheers!

Oli
09-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Almost there...

I think that he installed the patch, moved all the files from the patch installation into the correct locations for the haptx version, overwriting/adding the files. All except the .exe file I think.
09-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Website Find
RaajLio Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Almost there...

(09-29-2009, 06:41 AM)jens Wrote: I think that he installed the patch, moved all the files from the patch installation into the correct locations for the haptx version, overwriting/adding the files. All except the .exe file I think.

That's been tested too. I end up with perfect graphics, but 2 new problems :
-No more Haptx ON/OFF option
-The game crashes everytime in about 2 seconds (wherever I load : outside in the snow, in the boat, underground...) I get the crash/close message. If I press close, the game task is closed, and before I click close, I can't get back in the game; I'm stuck on the desktop...

Any other ideas? Btw, is there a way to force directx 8 or something, it might do something...

Cheers

Oli
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Find