Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IS SIMON A ROBOT?
213 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: PLOT TWIST; SIMON WAS THE ROBOT ALL ALONG.

also, who cares if you can guess this revelation? if you're imaginative enough, you can guess the conclusion to any movie.

but that's beside the point, if it's important to the narrative and the theme of the game for simon to be a robot, then he'll be a robot damnit, regardless if it's to obvious or cliche.
06-04-2015, 05:07 AM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

Here's an idea.

Simon is a body for the WAU or whatever is controlling it, to escape the confines of machine existence.

False memories implanted, to see how it functions.
07-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(07-07-2015, 02:03 PM)MrSteve Wrote: Here's an idea.

Simon is a body for the WAU or whatever is controlling it, to escape the confines of machine existence.

False memories implanted, to see how it functions.

I still don't really know what WAU means.

Nice idea tho.
07-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Someone probably has a much better explanation than me here, but as far as I can tell the WAU is Pathos 2's Warden Unit. A sort of AI that monitors the stations. Makes sure they're running etc.

Someone or something is now controlling the WAU unit, which most likely contributed to the downfall of Pathos.
07-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Find
Charlotte Offline

You can hear his heart beating and he becomes short of breath of sprinting on trailer... at least I think I heard that. So those kinda point to that he is not a robot. If he was you wouldn't hear a heartbeat at all. Still if you've watched the gameplay trailer and seen Carl... who knows what is up at that place.
07-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Website Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

Something I just noticed: you can see his hands in the trailer, but after the comm center is flooded (at the end of the E3 demo, which chronologically overlaps with the trailer), his hands are magically covered with a skintight diving suit.

This may be Simon rationalizing why he can survive underwater. The reality is that he doesn't need oxygen.
07-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(07-12-2015, 06:40 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: Something I just noticed: you can see his hands in the trailer, but after the comm center is flooded (at the end of the E3 demo, which chronologically overlaps with the trailer), his hands are magically covered with a skintight diving suit.

This may be Simon rationalizing why he can survive underwater. The reality is that he doesn't need oxygen.

But you do actually see the suit. You can see it here:

https://youtu.be/OnTc7qcDuGE (06:09)

But I think Ian Thomas or some other guy said a year ago that between the comm center part and the underwater part there are actually several hours and chapters of gameplay which we've never seen. My guess is that we actually go to Theta somehow and only then the place is flooded.

But who knows, we'll discover it in 2 months and 10 days.

This forum is dead
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2015, 07:37 PM by TiManGames.)
07-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

There are so many ways you could explain the swimsuit.

1. He's a robot and sees the swimsuit as a way of reasoning his ability to breath underwater.
2. It's some sort of advanced swimsuit and reacts as soon as it detects water on the skin, covering him up.
3. The swimsuit has little glowing bits on it, that makes it look like the structure gel covered machines. Maybe the structure gel grows and adapts to protect Simon/Robot Simon from any changes in environment. That was what the stuff was made for.

Also, do you ever see simon swim? I know you see him outside in the water, but does he swim or walk/drag up ledges? If he was a machine like the others, I can't really see him doing that. They're not exactly advanced enough looking for terrain and ocean adventures. They look like chunky industrial enginerring machines. The machines that we've seen moving in the water could be designed purely for that purpose. He's either a human in a swimsuit or some specially built kind of machine. Like others have said, an android.

As for seeing his hands, being out of breath and hearing his heart beat; we've all seen from the trailers and other snippets, that the machines who think they're human maybe hear/see those things as well.

Truth be told, we could speculate until the cows come home on what exactly Simon is.

We won't know until the 22nd September Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2015, 01:39 PM by MrSteve.)
07-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

I'm pretty sure (or rather I hope) that Frictional has been telegraphing the whole "Simon is a Robot" thing too "on the nose" with all their media (I mean, the first Teaser Trailer pretty much stated "you're a robot" even if they later said that wasn't the Main Character Simon) with all the graphical effects on screen and random static, in addition to all robots we've encountered so far in the media believing so assuredly they're human.

I would imagine if there's a real "Twist", then it'll be much more than just being a robot. Or at least I hope its done in a crafty way. Smile
07-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Find
Hestia Offline

What Simon looks like.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 7a8a96665f7e7d33714d950a6fe7d615.png]
09-25-2015, 04:46 AM
Find