Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IS SIMON A ROBOT?
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
RE: PLOT TWIST; SIMON WAS THE ROBOT ALL ALONG.

(09-25-2015, 04:46 AM)Hestia Wrote: What Simon looks like.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 7a8a96665f7e7d33714d950a6fe7d615.png]

Yeah, I guess we were right then Smile

This forum is dead
09-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1
RE: PLOT TWIST; SIMON WAS THE ROBOT ALL ALONG.

(09-25-2015, 06:44 AM)TheTieMan Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 04:46 AM)Hestia Wrote: What Simon looks like.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 7a8a96665f7e7d33714d950a6fe7d615.png]

Yeah, I guess we were right then Smile

True.......also

Spoiler below!

it's creepy as all hell if you look in the mirror and he is studying himself.

[Image: signature015.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 07:30 AM by Noisecode.)
09-25-2015, 07:29 AM
Find
eddman Offline

Threads: 2
RE: IS SIMON A ROBOT?

One thing I still don't understand about simon's creation.

If you shine the flashlight on simon-2's face, you'll see that there's no head, but a cortex chip complex like the one used to create simon-3.

If so, then how was simon-2 created in the first place? There was no head, meaning no black box for WAU to take control of, meaning that WAU couldn't have directly created it.

Did WAU use a monster/proxy/android/whatever to put the chip there? If it wasn't WAU at all, then who did it?

On another thought, could it simply be an asset modeling mistake on developers' part?
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 08:07 PM by eddman.)
09-27-2015, 08:06 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(09-27-2015, 08:06 PM)eddman Wrote: One thing I still don't understand about simon's creation.

If you shine the flashlight on simon-2's face, you'll see that there's no head, but a cortex chip complex like the one used to create simon-3.

If so, then how was simon-2 created in the first place? There was no head, meaning no black box for WAU to take control of, meaning that WAU couldn't have directly created it.

Did WAU use a monster/proxy/android/whatever to put the chip there? If it wasn't WAU at all, then who did it?

On another thought, could it simply be an asset modeling mistake on developers' part?

I'm pretty sure WAU created Simon-2 the same way they created Simon-3. Simon is just a scan, so he could potentially be put into anybody.

Trying is the first step to success.
09-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Find
eddman Offline

(09-27-2015, 08:33 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: I'm pretty sure WAU created Simon-2 the same way they created Simon-3. Simon is just a scan, so he could potentially be put into anybody.

Read my post properly.

If simon-2 has no head, then who put the cortex chip on the body in the first place?

Did WAU walk to Reed's corpse, put the chip in place, take the body and then also place it in the mind scanning chair?

I do think that WAU created simon-2, I just don't know how, exactly.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 08:57 PM by eddman.)
09-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Find
Fragr Offline

Threads: 0

(09-27-2015, 08:53 PM)eddman Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 08:33 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: I'm pretty sure WAU created Simon-2 the same way they created Simon-3. Simon is just a scan, so he could potentially be put into anybody.

Read my post properly.

If simon-2 has no head, then who put the cortex chip on the body in the first place?

Did WAU walk to Reed's corpse, put the chip in place, take the body and then also place it in the mind scanning chair?

WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW! (obviously)

Spoiler below!
I remember a conversation between Catherine and Simon where the player finds out that he's actually walking around in Imogen Reed's body. (I think it was in omicron, at the very least it was in the ARK simulation room, where you have to try and get the prototype ark running.)

I seem to remember Catherine scanning Simon's body and saying that the cortex chip and other electrical components that make up Simon's "brain" had simply been forcefully inserted through Imogen's skull and held together with gel.

This, coupled with the X-Ray imagery of Simon's body during the scan, leads me to believe that "Simon-2" actually has a head, only that it got so mangled when the cortex chip was inserted that you can't really tell anymore.

Keep in mind that all of this is from memory, so i might be remembering something wrong. I'm going to start a second playthrough soon, so i might be able to confirm or debunk my theory after that. In the meantime, if anyone else knows, feel free to chime in?
09-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4

(09-27-2015, 10:14 PM)Fragr Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 08:53 PM)eddman Wrote:

Read my post properly.

WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW! (obviously)

Spoiler below!
I remember a conversation between Catherine and Simon where the player finds out that he's actually walking around in Imogen Reed's body. (I think it was in omicron, at the very least it was in the ARK simulation room, where you have to try and get the prototype ark running.)

I seem to remember Catherine scanning Simon's body and saying that the cortex chip and other electrical components that make up Simon's "brain" had simply been forcefully inserted through Imogen's skull and held together with gel.

This, coupled with the X-Ray imagery of Simon's body during the scan, leads me to believe that "Simon-2" actually has a head, only that it got so mangled when the cortex chip was inserted that you can't really tell anymore.

Keep in mind that all of this is from memory, so i might be remembering something wrong. I'm going to start a second playthrough soon, so i might be able to confirm or debunk my theory after that. In the meantime, if anyone else knows, feel free to chime in?

If you look closely at one of the mirrors in a room with better lighting (as well as the x-ray that catherine takes)you'll notice that the top half of Reed's head and face are destroyed above the lower jaw with some of the back of the skull remaining.
09-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

I'm not far into the game, people have already figured it out no doubt but it's my understanding Simon is a robot, and his personality/conciousness/AI/... doesn't allow him to realize that. The wrangler was also convinced he was human and could see his feet and hands, even though he didn't even have any. Simon just slowly became aware of it as he realized he could breathe underwater and had a flashlight etc.

Still I don't get: there seem to be 3 types of robots:
- Purely mechanical robots (the broken down robot in comm center, Catherine, the mechanical fish)
- Mechanical robots enhanced in structure gel (the first enemy in the geothermal plant and the broken down robot just before)
- Humans deformed by structure gel (The guy you hear dying at the start, grabbed by tentacles in the wall, Amy attached to the wall with tubes in her, the enemy that can teleport)

Are there any differences in their creation or purpose?
Also why are the robots hostile to you? The wrangler robot seems to think you're human, though he says you look like a diver. The other robots think they are human and see you as a robot and want to kill you?

And what kind of robot are you, a deformed human ? Perhaps a corpse that was laying in the pilot seat, and the AUW mechanized the corpse and implanted some random brainscan that it happened to be in possession of?
09-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Find
eddman Offline

(09-27-2015, 10:14 PM)Fragr Wrote: WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW! (obviously)

Spoiler below!

(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)caffeine4671 Wrote: If you look closely at one of the mirrors in a room with better lighting (as well as the x-ray that catherine takes)you'll notice that the top half of Reed's head and face are destroyed above the lower jaw with some of the back of the skull remaining.

I somehow forgot about the x-ray. You are right. I went ahead and watched a playthrough on youtube and there it is, the lower half, containing the black box, but it still doesn't explain how the cortex chip was placed on the body.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 11:15 PM by eddman.)
09-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4

(09-27-2015, 11:10 PM)cantremember Wrote: I'm not far into the game, people have already figured it out no doubt but it's my understanding Simon is a robot, and his personality/conciousness/AI/... doesn't allow him to realize that. The wrangler was also convinced he was human and could see his feet and hands, even though he didn't even have any. Simon just slowly became aware of it as he realized he could breathe underwater and had a flashlight etc.

Still I don't get: there seem to be 3 types of robots:
- Purely mechanical robots (the broken down robot in comm center, Catherine, the mechanical fish)
- Mechanical robots enhanced in structure gel (the first enemy in the geothermal plant and the broken down robot just before)
- Humans deformed by structure gel (The guy you hear dying at the start, grabbed by tentacles in the wall, Amy attached to the wall with tubes in her, the enemy that can teleport)

Are there any differences in their creation or purpose?
Also why are the robots hostile to you? The wrangler robot seems to think you're human, though he says you look like a diver. The other robots think they are human and see you as a robot and want to kill you?

And what kind of robot are you, a deformed human ? Perhaps a corpse that was laying in the pilot seat, and the AUW mechanized the corpse and implanted some random brainscan that it happened to be in possession of?

The WAU never really had a purpose or concrete reasoning behind doing what it did other than using structure gel to 'save' humanity on the earth. (Read: copy minds and animate corpses)It's not really a villanous A.I. in that sense, it has no clue what sentience or life and death truly mean. To that effect it explains the odd appearance of the Vivarium in the promo vids; the WAU copied what Catherine was doing with her prototype ARK when it was a concept and before she started proposing it.

As to the reason why they're so hostile? They've basically been trapped inside alien bodies and some of them left stranded. Unable to eat anything or drink anything. Not all of the copies were perfect nor were the robot chips made to house their minds, that's why some of them are feral and crazy, in that their minds can't adjust to the housing they're in.

As to the purpose and abilities of the structure gel, see the first paragraph. The structure gel is black-gooey-nano-stuff that isn't special in and off itself, until the WAU starts using it. The characters erroneously assumed early on that it could've been the gel, but it was actually the WAU the whole time.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 11:25 PM by caffeine4671.)
09-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Find