Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

Yeah, and the noises they make!
09-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

What is the voice saying exactly ? What I recon from it:

... we planted the seed ... something ... PathOS2...

How to extract only audio file from this video?
Then we could load it into audacity, lower the pitch, normalize, reduce reverb and have a normal voice talking.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 01:52 PM by Radiance.)
09-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

Something like "Here's where we planted the seed of the cancer that is eating Pathos 2"

I'm sure someone will do a full translation.

The part about Simon being the snake that strikes at the heart was quite telling.
09-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

There's also a new blog post which might clear up a few questions recently posted - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/1...ma-on-ps4/

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
09-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Find
ShadowDraft Offline

That trailer sent shivers down my spine. This is going to be a wild ride! I can't wait to have a future heart condition induced by severe shock. Big Grin
09-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

"This is where it all went wrong, Simon. This is where we planted the seed, the cancer that's eating PATHOS-2. It wasn't meant to be like this. No one told us this could happen. You are a snake, Simon. Now strike at the heart."
09-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

The new trailer is fantastic, I was genuinely scared watching it. I've never had a trailer unnerve me like that before, for a game OR a movie. The last bit, with the creature coming down the stairs, sheesh...

I'll be honest, I sort of took it for granted that SOMA wouldn't be anywhere near as scary as TDD, and I was fine with that because they're taking the game in a different direction. But this trailer makes me worry for my mental health come September 22nd.

In the latest blog post, Thomas says:

Thomas Grip Wrote:On top of this, the act of healing yourself is done in a slightly disturbing manner and could come with negative consequences…

I wonder if this means that healing comes at a cost whereby replenishing your health makes you more likely to get seen or attacked by enemies, or makes your visual/aural interference more severe, or something along those lines, perhaps because the healing technology is the same crazy shit that's turning everyone into monsters.

09-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(09-10-2015, 01:45 PM)brus Wrote: What is the voice saying exactly ? What I recon from it:

... we planted the seed ... something ... PathOS2...

How to extract only audio file from this video?
Then we could load it into audacity, lower the pitch, normalize, reduce reverb and have a normal voice talking.

GO here,

http://www.downvids.net/
Tick convert to MP3

insert link,

Download audio.

09-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

It looks that the design of site Theta (the part with the shadow figure) was heavily inspired by SCP. Just look at it! It looks awesome!

This forum is dead
09-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Find
Koopa Rs07 Offline

Threads: 30

So does anyone believe everybody will abandon the HPL 2 and Amnesia mods will be dead? It seems pretty logical but kinda sad. So many years of castles, dungeons and inner sanctums in custom stories.. I'll miss it. :')
09-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Find