Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I' m new here - Van Bolovan
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

Threads: 3
I' m new here - Van Bolovan

Hello everyone,

As you people expected, I'm currently a new member of the Frictional Games forum , I put my name / nickname-Van Bolovan, I'm 16 years old, I will not give details chaotic, I'll get straight to the pointSmile: I was thinking to make a long custom story, encompassing: 1)extreme ambience/not so highly really, but comprehensive-I mean by this that the events happening in the map should be random and the sounds played in the map should be random too-including of course ambient music played - background track;//I think that unpredictable events/events "by chance" -it represents a great advantage for a succesfull environment in the game/mod because arouses "unforeseen" feeling very effective for players;
2)jumpscares -because are effective for "creeps out" feeling;
3)construction symmetry/symmetrical architecture - to please the eye;//I think that should occupy moderate space in the CS;
4)a good story line that captivates the player from the beginning;
5)easy puzzles but intuitive//I thought that the puzzles shouldn't put the player into blockade or to stop the events flow (it would be boring if would break the captivation from my perspective);
6)a balanced custom story in terms of "light and darkness", "smile and sadness", "scares and fearlessness"//this should make the custom story/mod to be consistent and outstanding;
7)use dialogues - player has not to feel alone every time;
//ok thought those are the elements to make a managed CS;//I hope I'll get some help/more help from someone on the story line- I'm not that good at this but I already start making maps in the HPL level editor and scripting;
It seems like people have noticed/will notice that I possessing not a good english...Confused;
Ok so I try to put some effort in my CS and I'm hopeful to get some experience on C++ programming language//(programming language for scripting for Amnesia mods/CS seem similar with C++ and I hope that I will get some help when I need and when I "catch" the thread I will give some advices as well);Smile
Right now I'm just a newbie in programming I think but I will improve gradually my "skills".Wink

[/size]
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2015, 08:40 PM by SwingsDarkCreeps.)
06-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: I' m new here - Van Bolovan

Good luck! Big Grin

Just make sure to keep jumpscares to a minimum and only it is necessary and if it makes logical sense in the story.

Ex: Ghost whizzes by player in haunted mansion.

We are here to help! Tongue
06-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

(06-25-2015, 08:47 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: Good luck! Big Grin

Just make sure to keep jumpscares to a minimum and only it is necessary and if it makes logical sense in the story.

Really Interesting-funny good job thereWinkkeep doing itSmilesupport your work do not let//Hold tight!

(06-25-2015, 08:57 PM)Van Bolovan Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 08:47 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: Good luck! Big Grin

Really Interesting-funny good job thereWinkkeep doing itSmilesupport your work do not let//Hold tight! and yea thx for adviceSmile
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2015, 08:58 PM by SwingsDarkCreeps.)
06-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Sure! Welcome to the forum.

This is development support. We post problems we have with our mod here.
So, an introduction is not quite the right place, so remember to post in the correct section next time.

Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Trying is the first step to success.
06-25-2015, 09:20 PM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

(06-25-2015, 09:20 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: Sure! Welcome to the forum.

This is development support. We post problems we have with our mod here.
So, an introduction is not quite the right place, so remember to post in the correct section next time.

Looking forward to see what you come up with.

aaaBlushyea sry about that thought I was not careful;next time I will be more "mindful"Big Grin towards sectionsSmile
06-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

Big GrinOk so I said something about symmetrical architecture in the "introduction" here is something like (I did it- individual)Smile:

.zip   image1.zip (Size: 146.78 KB / Downloads: 130)

but I'm not done with this map yet so...
(I have to do it more detailed)
(and the image quality it's pretty bad of course)Undecided
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2015, 11:16 AM by SwingsDarkCreeps.)
06-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Find
Rahmerh Offline

Threads: 7

Is that a picture of your screen? You should take screenshots, it makes it clearer for us to see Smile
06-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Like the guy above me said, you can take screenshots using steam and/or the debug menu. Look it up if you are confused.

Also I tend to put slight differences to objects in the level to make the map seem more real as to a level made in an editor.

A logo on the bottom left that looks like a magnet can be toggled on/off to turn off snapping. This is useful when putting objects in drawers, wardrobes or to turn statues and objects slightly.
06-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

(06-27-2015, 06:11 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: Like the guy above me said, you can take screenshots using steam and/or the debug menu. Look it up if you are confused.

Also I tend to put slight differences to objects in the level to make the map seem more real as to a level made in an editor.

A logo on the bottom left that looks like a magnet can be toggled on/off to turn off snapping. This is useful when putting objects in drawers, wardrobes or to turn statues and objects slightly.

You're right Big Grin this method is more efficient and cool than using phone or camera,
I will use steam for taking screenshots from now.Big Grin

(06-27-2015, 02:36 PM)Rahmerh Wrote: Is that a picture of your screen? You should take screenshots, it makes it clearer for us to see Smile
no problem I will use steam from nowSmile
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015, 12:51 PM by SwingsDarkCreeps.)
06-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

So I decided to take that screenshot with Steam(better than before now)Smile:

Attached Files
.zip   image1-steam screenshot.zip (Size: 163.04 KB / Downloads: 105)
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2015, 05:17 PM by SwingsDarkCreeps.)
06-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Find