Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Adventure games?
Industrial Offline

Threads: 1
Adventure games?

Hi Frictional Games, I just played through the Penumbra series, (honestly I was a little confused by Requiem), and I thought it was amazing other than some hard parts and glitches, but I just had a question ...

I really don't like horror games, but I LOVED! LOVED!!! the adventure part of the game, as in how you can open drawers with physics/use obstacles/find clues etc. I really loved that, especially the item moving/door and drawer opening system.. I was just wondering, are there any other games like that? (as In a similar system of physics and drawer-opening-amazingness)

Format it like this, (you can tell me if you have any similar horror style games but I'm mostly looking for adventure stuff.)

Horror:

Other:

Thanks!
And a side-note. This game somewhat reminded me of those "escape the room" minigames you can find online, and I find those fun. I got Penumbra pack off Steam if anyone's wondering, I loveeed it except the first five minutes of Overture I got off and played it the next day because I was too creeped out.

Another side note! I didn't quite understand, when you climb down into the caverns in Overture, and then you hear the stomping and screaming of the guy in the locked room above you.. Did an infected grab him or was a rock worm just breaking its own face on the wood floor? lol!
10-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Adventure games?

Actually I think it was revealed the whispering guy (Dr Roberts I think) was killed by Wilbur Frisk, the chief overseer of the Shelter. You find the notes about it in Black Plague, somewhere around the kennel I'd guess.

There are no games with the Penumbra physics system that I know of, but there are several threads about similar games you can check out. One that is frequently mentioned is Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
10-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Find