Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My own little theory on the entire series
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: My own little theory on the entire series

This theory simply is not probable.
I also remember him "forgetting to put on his jacket". I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. We, the player, did forget to put on the jacket (we only picked up flashlights and all, we never put on the jacket) which probably is what they are referring to, but what this means for Philip I don't know. He must have had come back for it. On concept art he has it on when opening the hatch.

- Self preservation < curiousity. He couldn't just climb out of that hole, going in was the only way out.

- Gameplay mechanic.

- The reason he lives is because he is lucky. But he is no action hero. He doesn't kill any of the Tuurngait, he takes blood from the dead, he saws off several hands, tears off a head and kills all other living people down there. That's not what a hero does. He is not a hero in a moral sense, even if he survives getting chased by a giant worm etc.

- The e-mail to letter part is tricky. My guess has always been that Howard wrote a note and the Tuurngait helped him by sending it to Philip, since they knew Philip was going to help them remain hidden. But it's also possible that Howie used a computer and mailed another Archaic member, but since there is no computer where he's at I'm guessing the first theory is more likely.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Find
Felix Atagong Offline

Threads: 2

I would just like to add that I didn't forget to put on the jacket, the Overture game refused me to put it on! (I tried several times grabbing the jacket.) So that was the first thought I had when the dream sequence in BP started and told me that - little - lie.

Some Penumbra 2006 TD Hints and a Dutch localisation file can be found at http://atagong.com/penumbra
05-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

But why did Howard need to contact Philip at all? Couldn't he have done what the TG wished and destroyed the mine, and all the evidence of the TG (as they wanted Philip to do, also who did Philip have to contact someone to do this? Even though he chose the other option.)
07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Find
Nothinglikesleep Offline

Threads: 1

What if we didn't play as Phillip but ourselves, and Phillip had already went into the mines

iGame
07-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

those are all plot holes and game mechanics......or are they?
08-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Website Find
Nycticorax Offline

Threads: 2

(07-09-2010, 06:57 PM)Nothinglikesleep Wrote: What if we didn't play as Phillip but ourselves, and Phillip had already went into the mines
I try to address this assumption here.
09-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Find