Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Looking for help
goodcap Offline

Threads: 112
Looking for help

I am in need of a new, scary, original monster. But I don't have the skills or manpower to create and animate it. So I was wondering if anyone on this forums could help me out.

This is what I have in mind:

[Image: xwqFgBY.jpg]

[Image: NzOV9jM.jpg]

[Image: TF3t9nl.jpg]
I am looking for a creepy looking bull that walks on two legs.

Something like that would fit my Full Conversion Mod perfectly. If you could help me out. Leave a message here or send me a pm.

I am willing to pay for the final product. Modelled + Animated.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015, 03:28 PM by goodcap.)
08-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Looking for help

Ask traggey (?)

08-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Currently working on another monster, also paid. I would be willing to do this after I am done with my current one. However me doing this depends alot on your budget, it is NOT cheap, my current one is already underpaid. So if you're willing to wait for a bit for it, send me a PM with your budget for something like this and we can come up with something.
08-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

I don't want to offend anyone, but if you're making a free full conversion mod for Amnesia, it's total nonsense to put money into it. You won't get it back. Yes, someone like Traggey latch onto this opportunity, because why not?

But either make a full original game and actually make your investments come back or go with what you can do. You don't need a new monster for your story to be truly scary. You're throwing money the wrong way... but that's just my opinion.
08-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Well, the intention isn't always to get money back from it. Often it's enough to get a good reputation and make some people happy. Besides, it's a good idea to start off making games by making smaller projects for free so that you can build a fan base who will actually buy your next big game. Jumping onto Steam Greenlight with a dollar game might work, but it's hard without recognition.

Also, this might be easily done with OP's economy, depending on their status and values. Besides, can't they possibly just re-use the monster for a paid game later (albeit perhaps a bad idea)?

08-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(08-13-2015, 01:29 PM)Spelos Wrote: I don't want to offend anyone, but if you're making a free full conversion mod for Amnesia, it's total nonsense to put money into it. You won't get it back. Yes, someone like Traggey latch onto this opportunity, because why not?

But either make a full original game and actually make your investments come back or go with what you can do. You don't need a new monster for your story to be truly scary. You're throwing money the wrong way... but that's just my opinion.

But why would you care about his money?
08-13-2015, 03:30 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Modeler gets paid, is happy
Modder gets monster, is happy
Community gets custom stuff, is happy.
Random guy does not like other person paying money for hard work, is pissed.
08-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I think 'pissed' is an overstatement Smile
He stated a point. He got disagreed with. Perhaps he changed his view because of the disagreement. Perhaps he didn't.

Trying is the first step to success.
08-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(08-13-2015, 01:29 PM)Spelos Wrote: I don't want to offend anyone, but if you're making a free full conversion mod for Amnesia, it's total nonsense to put money into it. You won't get it back. Yes, someone like Traggey latch onto this opportunity, because why not?

You are so true.
It's a custom story, you don't earn anything of it.
I mean, I got some CRAZY idea's but am not able to do it in hpl2 engine, unless I pay and get someone make me models, which is already not "That"good graphics since hpl2 isn't the newest.
It's better to make a custom story without spending money, and THEN get to some real engines. like Unreal engine.
I can see my self creating my own game, but I can't see my self making those high graphic models lol.

But after all, it's not me, or you that is losing the money.
and btw, animating isn't that difficult (what I heard) you can learn it quick lol.
08-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Pretty sure we've already established that, whether someone spends money on a project or not, that's totally up to them and there should be nothing wrong with it. It's helping the community anyway.

(08-13-2015, 04:10 PM)Traggey Wrote: Modeler gets paid, is happy
Modder gets monster, is happy
Community gets custom stuff, is happy.

Happy happy happy!

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2015, 12:00 AM by Mudbill.)
08-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Find