Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA and subtitles question
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8
SOMA and subtitles question

Hello. Sorry if this does not fit in this section.

I was wondering if SOMA will have english subtitles? English is not my native language and i like to have subtitles...sometimes in games i find certain voice-lines unclear or very quiet.
09-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
RE: SOMA and subtitles question

(09-11-2015, 02:01 PM)PrinceCola Wrote: Hello. Sorry if this does not fit in this section.

I was wondering if SOMA will have english subtitles? English is not my native language and i like to have subtitles...sometimes in games i find certain voice-lines unclear or very quiet.

Of course it has!

This forum is dead
09-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282140

Right side of the Steam page, scroll down a little. It has English subtitles, and a few other languages which may help you if your spoken language is listed.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Find
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8

Thank you for your replies Smile
09-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Find
my voice just Offline

Threads: 0

i`ve been obsessed with this game for several months, checking twitter daily for the updates. finally launched it today and had to "save and exit" 7 minutes later, because the subtitle text size`s so small, it makes my eyes hurt (not a native english speaker). i`m playing on TV and its screen at least two meters away from my face.

so, the question is: will there be an option to increase font size in future updates or i`ll be doomed to decrease eyesight, trying to figure out what`s been written?
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 01:27 PM by my voice just.)
09-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(09-22-2015, 01:25 PM)my voice just Wrote: i`ve been obsessed with this game for several months, checking twitter daily for the updates. finally launched it today and had to "save and exit" 7 minutes later, because the subtitle text size`s so small, it makes my eyes hurt (not a native english speaker). i`m playing on TV and its screen at least two meters away from my face.

so, the question is: will there be an option to increase font size in future updates or i`ll be doomed to decrease eyesight, trying to figure out what`s been written?

You can mess with the font file to change the size if you know how to do it. I know how to do it, but can't explain right now.

This forum is dead
09-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

It has both, subtitles and closed captions

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Find
my voice just Offline

TheTieMan
don`t know how, but maybe you could instruct me later

but even if you can manually increase font size by messing with the data (provided that you have the skills), what we have here is a certain problem: developers don`t care about text size much. which is weird, `cause SOMA is developed for PS4 too, which is designed for playing in the living room where there`s more distance between player and TV screen then between PC user and computer monitor (bigger screen size isn`t helping much, unless of course you`re sitting very close to it).
to illustrate my thought, i`ll provide two screenshots - both games developed not only for PC, but for PS4 too

[Image: ohu0zp.jpg]

[Image: 2i0re69.jpg]

well, you can see the difference

and i can`t understand, what was stopping frictional from making text size like this:
[Image: ogxmv9.jpg]

(well, many developers want to minimize the "detracting" immersion breaking on-screen information, i presume. but subtitles, needed for so many foreign players, i mean, come on)
09-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Find
Litote Offline

Hi,

I chose english for Soma in steam in "parameters".
My OS is french, but I want the game to be completely in english. Right now, only the voices are, all other texts, subtitles, menus or in game, remain in French.

How can I change that?

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 09:40 AM by Litote.)
09-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

In game, go to options->game and you can pick language.
09-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Website Find