Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SOMA Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago SOMA Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide

1) What are the system requirements for SOMA?

Minimum Requirements

Operating System: 64-bit Windows Vista, 64-bit Mac OS X 10.7, 64-bit Major Linux Distribution from 2014
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 / AMD Radeon HD 5570 *
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.4Ghz or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Disk: 25 GB

Recommended Requirements

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Mac OS X 10.10.5, 64-bit Major Linux Distribution from 2014
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 / AMD Radeon HD 5970 *
Processor: Intel Core i5 2.4Ghz or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB

* Integrated Intel graphics are not supported. They should work (Intel HD 4000-series or better), but with issues.

2) Does my graphics card support the game?

Go to Documents\My Games\SOMA and open the file HPL.log. Go to Initializing Graphics Module section and check if Version. If Version says 3.3.0 or more, your graphics card is supported. If Version says 1.1.0, you have no graphics card drivers installed or they are corrupted. Check Question 3 on how to fix that.

3) My graphics card is supported. How can I update my drivers?

Click Start and type dxdiag. Go to Display tab and check the Manufacturer.

--> If it says Nvidia go HERE
--> If it says AMD or ATI go HERE
--> If it says Intel HD use the Have Disk Method

Notice 1: If you have a laptop with a dedicated AMD and an integrated Intel HD graphics card, go HERE.
Notice 2: If you have a laptop with a dedicated NVIDIA and an integrated Intel HD graphics card, go HERE.

4) I have an Intel graphics card. Can I get support?

All Intel graphics cards are not officially supported by Frictional Games and thus problems can arise while playing the game with them. Only Intel HD 4000 series or better cards should be able to run the game. To avoid issues, make sure you have the latest Intel drivers installed and lower the settings. Other than that, no more support can be given in case of further problems.

5) Installing new drivers doesn't solve my problem

To make sure that you do not have corrupt drivers, make a clean install. First uninstall the current graphics card drivers, reboot the computer and then install the new ones. This has helped quite a few users that hasn't been able to start the game or have had issues with low frame rate.

If this fails to and you are running an NVIDIA GTX 560 / 660 on Windows 10 then it is probably related to a problem with the OpenGL drivers. We have contacted Nvidia and asked for help as we cannot figure it out on our own at the moment.

6) Nothing helps. What information do you need to help me?

1) Start a new thread and describe in detail the problem you are having.
2) Attach the file HPL.log located at the folders mentioned below.

Windows Vista, 7 & 8.x: Documents\My Games\SOMA\
Linux: ~/.local/share/frictionalgames/SOMA/
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/SOMA

Guide originally created by plutomaniac
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 01:35 PM by Thomas.)
09-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Website Find