Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left handed mouse causes problems
Depili Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Left handed mouse causes problems

I have a left handed mouse and thus use the windows option for "swap mouse buttons" in control panel -> mouse. This leads to problems with SOMA, as in the very start of the game the laptop interface uses inverted mouse button mappings compared to the rest of the game. This means that if I simply click on the laptop SOMA starts zooming towards it and instantly cancels the action. If I hold down the interact button I can get to the laptop interface, but I cannot interact with it as releasing the interact-button instantly cancels out from the laptop.

A annoying work-around is to unset the "swap mouse buttons" setting from the mouse properties, then the game works IF I leave the mouse interact / cancel interact mappings to the default, trying to swap them around leads to the same problem again.

So the work-around is to just play with non-natural button order, where "normal" click with the forefinger would be cancel and middle finger for interact.

I realize that left handed mouse users are a small minority but please try to use same api calls for your menus and other interfaces as the game engine uses so you will get consistent mouse button mappings.
09-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Find