Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash on beginning new game
aratuk Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Crash on beginning new game

Hello! I'm looking forward to playing your game, but I'm having a little problem. I'm sure everyone is being very demanding right now, so please don't stress about it! Everything will be okay in due time. I'm not in a hurry.

Anyway, I installed the Mac version of the game using GOG Galaxy, and it loads to the start menu just fine, but crashes when I try to begin a new game. Actually, it produces an error dialog and minimizes itself, but then crashes when I click 'okay'.

GOG Galaxy has a feature to verify & repair its installation of a game, so I used that on Soma and it reported no problems, and the error and crash are the same as before.

I've attached the hpl.log and a screenshot.

I think the problem may have something to do with the way GOG creates a launcher application bundle that it puts the game inside of, which might be leading to a situation where the game is unable to find things where it expects them to be. I'm going to play around with it and see if I can fix it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, so I should have read other people's posts first. It is some kind of GOG thing. Not the first time, either… GOG's quality assurance, on the Mac at least, kind of sucks.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 23.5 KB / Downloads: 101)
.png   Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 6.24.35 PM.png (Size: 79.53 KB / Downloads: 105)
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 03:50 AM by aratuk.)
09-23-2015, 02:55 AM
Find