Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PC] Keep crashing at Omicron (Runtime error)
Stef458 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [PC] Keep crashing at Omicron (Runtime error)

So I got to certain part at Omicron (spoilers):
Spoiler below!

After getting everything for the power suit, activating it and transfering Simon, I pick up the Omni-tool and proceed to the next room, swipe the Omni-tool and it says access granted. The door closes and the room floods, nothing happens after that. The other door should open, I can walk in the room for about 30 seconds before the game crashes

This is the error I get, even though I got a "soma.exe has stopped working" error once

[Image: 244361g.jpg]

Things that I've done trying to fix this (after reading other threads)
  • Updated my graphic drivers
  • Updated Visual C++
  • Did a file integrity check on Steam
  • Changed all game settings to low/off
  • Played in windowed mode
  • Reload an older save, even one from an older level, it just keeps crashing at this same exact part
I don't know what else to do, I really want to continue and I don't feel like starting the game all over, I'm already 7 hours in and I think I'd probably get the same error once I get to this part

Finally, my specs. I've been running the game on High settings just fine, I've had some random framerate drops but nothing gamebreaking, this is also the first time im experiencing a crash in this game
Operating System: 64-bit Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT750M (4GB gddr3)
Processor: Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.2 GHz (up to 3.2 GHz)
Memory: 16 GB

I can't upload my file using the "Add Attachment" option from the forum (file's too big) so I tried these pages:
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/XF2giLjp
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/joghe9201oks1h2/hpl.log?dl=0

I'll also upload two savegames that experienced this crash, one is from last night and the other is from just an hour ago, they're at the same part
Save 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5q2o7gtapf5wp...0.sav?dl=0
Save 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fce44medjj4k8r...0.sav?dl=0

I hope someone from Frictional or another player who's experiencing the same issue can help me, I really want to know how the story ends!
Thanks for reading this! and sorry if my english is a bit bad, its not my native language Smile
09-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Find
nebej Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [PC] Keep crashing at Omicron (Runtime error)

I will try to reproduce the issue using your save file. I would recommend loading an earlier save file since that might fix the issue

Let me know if that doesnt work. Then I can send you a save file that starts just outside Omnicron
09-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Find
Stef458 Offline

It worked now! started playing from a way older save file this time (before reaching Omicron at all) and didn't crash during that part, now I can continue Smile
I guess thats what fixed it, because I didn't change the settings/resolution/mode this time. Thanks for the help!
09-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Find
Depili Offline

I have also had plenty of crashes in omicron, first save that had issues was one from right after the aux site and restoring power, loaded an earlier one and was able to proceed. Now crashing during the descent.
09-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Find
Unregistered

This suck, i'm also facing the problem. regret buying this garbage game.
10-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(10-01-2015, 04:21 PM)Guest Wrote: This suck, i'm also facing the problem. regret buying this garbage game.

I recommend doing what OP said and going back a few saves, perhaps to just after you exit the pipe from Theta.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Patch 1.02 installed?
10-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

There is a possiblity this might be a problem caused by corrupt drivers. Try to uninstall graphics drivers, reboot and then install again. See if that helps
10-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Find