Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game breaking bug - fallen through floor
Addsy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Brick  Game breaking bug - fallen through floor

Hi guys. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but when I went to access Brandon Wan's computer in his room on the Theta Entrance part of the game, my character fell through the floor and just kept going. All I get when I load my game up now is a black screen with a dot in the middle which I'm guessing represents the game assets being really far away because I've fallen so far.

My only other save game before this is over an hour and really don't want to go back and do all the previous section again.

Hoping someone has some suggestions of a fix?
09-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game breaking bug - fallen through floor

If you go to documents/my games/soma/ there is a settings file you can open in notepad. Search for DebugMode="false" and change it to DebugMode="true" then start the game again.

When you have loaded the game, press F1 this brings up a menu with A LOT of options. Search for a button that says "teleport to start area" or something similar, then there is a drop down menu, click it and select a start area that sounds like it could be near where you were and then click the button.

If you end up in a good place, press F1 again and exit and save the game. Then you can edit back the config file and start the game again in normal mode and load the save.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 03:36 PM by jens.)
09-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Website Find
Addsy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game breaking bug - fallen through floor

(09-24-2015, 03:36 PM)jens Wrote: If you go to documents/my games/soma/ there is a settings file you can open in notepad. Search for DebugMode="false" and change it to DebugMode="true" then start the game again.

When you have loaded the game, press F1 this brings up a menu with A LOT of options. Search for a button that says "teleport to start area" or something similar, then there is a drop down menu, click it and select a start area that sounds like it could be near where you were and then click the button.

If you end up in a good place, press F1 again and exit and save the game. Then you can edit back the config file and start the game again in normal mode and load the save.

That worked great thanks! Now I can continue to play Big Grin
09-24-2015, 11:30 PM
Find