Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrible framerate issues
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Terrible framerate issues
So I am 100% clear about the issue:

Are the frame drop constant? Or only at certain sections? If the latter, which sections?
10-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Find
Petch1984 Offline

Threads: 2
I stopped playing when they became more prominent in Theda. Low fps in the room where you put the omni tool onto a terminal, the room is on the right and you have to smash a window to enter. Low fps also in the nearby "staff quarters". They're the ones that, I guess, sum up the problem and I can recreate every time.

I did actually start the game again at 1600x900, which is far from ideal with my setup but it did eliminate the dips almost completely, again I'd hasten to add I should be capable of running the game at 1440p. Anyway, I got all the way to Theda again and had a CTD (my first one) in a room with one of those "brain scan" chairs.
10-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Find
deadchaos Offline

Threads: 0
Im having the same problems that you guys are having, Im having HUGE frame rate drops, and this is becoming annoying. I hope that you guys are working on a fix for this. The Frame rate has dropped way down to where it has caused the game to crash on me 3 times now. ALso in the same area as one other poster in this thread

became more prominent in Theda!!!!!!

(10-02-2015, 05:34 PM)Petch1984 Wrote: I stopped playing when they became more prominent in Theda. Low fps in the room where you put the omni tool onto a terminal, the room is on the right and you have to smash a window to enter. Low fps also in the nearby "staff quarters". They're the ones that, I guess, sum up the problem and I can recreate every time.

I did actually start the game again at 1600x900, which is far from ideal with my setup but it did eliminate the dips almost completely, again I'd hasten to add I should be capable of running the game at 1440p. Anyway, I got all the way to Theda again and had a CTD (my first one) in a room with one of those "brain scan" chairs.

I am having the same problem as you are in that same area, in the beginning the drop was tolerable but now that I am in the same area as you are this problem is much worse=(
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 02:01 AM by deadchaos.)
10-03-2015, 02:00 AM
Find
Xerenos
Unregistered

(10-02-2015, 12:21 PM)Thomas Wrote: So I am 100% clear about the issue:

Are the frame drop constant? Or only at certain sections? If the latter, which sections?

For me the framerate is constantly low, usually sits around 10-20 FPS regardless of which graphics settings I'm using. Tried uninstalling graphics drivers and reinstalling them but that didn't help at all :/

-Xerenos
10-03-2015, 04:43 PM
deadchaos Offline

Threads: 0
Ok well I manage to get past the part where your trying to get the dungbat I think it is, where you have to climb to the next section through the vents then drop down into a room where you scan yourself for the suit, ok, that section where you are reseting the router, is absolutely horrid on the frame rates, but once I got past that, for me anyway it seems to have settled down quite a bit for now, but that beginning part is absolutely horrid to the point that my comp crashed 4 times in that area alone.
10-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Find
Unregistered

Most places in the Ocean will cause slight stutters for me. Nothing horrible, but definitely noticeable. I believe it's a lack of power on the CPU side of things, as lowering my resolution to the lowest doesn't change the outcome.

GPU: GTX 970 EVGA SC+
CPU: AMD FX 8350 @4.4Ghz
10-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Xerenos
Unregistered

(10-02-2015, 12:21 PM)Thomas Wrote: So I am 100% clear about the issue:

I've actually managed to fix the problem (Had to make some compromises with the Graphics settings). I reinstalled the game and tweaked a few settings, I'm now getting around 40-50 FPS (30 in some areas) rather than the horribly low 10-20 I was getting a few days ago. Here are a couple of things that I was having problems with to help with any patching that may need to be done in the future;
- vSync being set to "adaptive" gives me huge FPS drops.
- Had to turn my resolution down to 1376x768 , anything higher and my framerate dies.

PC Specs --> i5 4690k @3.9GHz, 8GB HyperX 1600Mhz ram, XFX Radeon HD 6850 1GB Smile

Thanks for making such a great game, will being playing through the rest of the game after I've had breakfast. I'm very excited to play as I've heard the ending is great! I'll be looking forward to playing community created levels at some point after I've finished the story Smile

-Xerenos
10-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.