Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General ending/plot discussion
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
General ending/plot discussion

There is a few questions bother me, most notable these few:

1. Why did Catherine uploaded herself into the ARK again? She was the first to do the scan in the scan log so she was already in the ARK. Do we have 2 Chun in there? Was old copy overwritten? But they are so different now, who can say these are 2 copies?

2. Who was the base for Construct and The DiscoBall? Couldn't figure out names.

3. What the hell is Ross (Ghost [in the Machine]) and how did it came to existence in a first place? The others monsters/creations make sense, it either infected/deformed by gel creatures/beings or just robots/constructs, but he seemed like he could change his physical state. Unless I'm over thinking and his special ability it just to cheat your visual sensors so he can't be visible (kinda similar to DiscoBall's teleport).

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 09:24 AM by Kein.)
09-27-2015, 09:15 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: General ending/plot discussion

(09-27-2015, 09:15 AM)Kein Wrote: There is a few questions bother me, most notable these few:

1. Why did Catherine uploaded herself into the ARK again?

2. Who was the base for Construct and The DiscoBall? Couldn't figure out names.

3. What the hell is Ross (Ghost [in the Machine]) and how did it came to existence in a first place? The others monsters/creations make sense, it either infected/deformed by gel creatures/beings or just robots/constructs, but he seemed like he could change his physical state. Unless I'm over thinking and his special ability it just to cheat your visual sensors so he can't be visible (kinda similar to DiscoBall's teleport).

1. Since Catherine understands how the copy works, and because the ARK itself, when you first find it, says "Day 312 - paused", I think she accepts that the scan on the ARK and the scan on the Omnitool are seperate people now and wants to preserve both.

2. I don't think the proxies on the sunken ship are Pathos-II affiliated.

3. Ross seems to have been integrated into the WAU with his consciousness preserved after his corpse was rebuilt by the WAU. There are 3 possible reasons I can think of for this.
1. He directly worked with the WAU, so he understands how it works best.
2. He directly worked with the WAU, so it understands how he works best.
3. The WAU revived/preserved a scan of him that lived in the WAU network instead of a separate entity.

As for the teleporting ability of "Discoball", that could, alternatively, I think that could be an EMP that stuns you while it moves normally like Cath in-between plugging the Omnitool in.
09-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

What happened to Ross? As if he was deleted because his existence is only in Simon chip, right?
09-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

(09-27-2015, 07:52 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: As for the teleporting ability of "Discoball", that could, alternatively, I think that could be an EMP that stuns you while it moves normally like Cath in-between plugging the Omnitool in.

Ah, very clever. I like that more than the "visual interference" explanation.
09-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

(09-27-2015, 07:52 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: 2. I don't think the proxies on the sunken ship are Pathos-II affiliated.

Elaborate? So far all the monster (read: failed experiments) are related to some people (read: brain scans), how these aren't?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I didn't think that every single WAU-creature was brain-scanned, for example Akers is mutating from WAU-gel without any scan injected into the body. Similarly, my theory is that the creatures on the ship are hapless sailors revived soon after the ship sank, which seems to have happened as a result of the comet-event, based on the message from the captain. The skeletons you can find in the ship seem to contradict that timeline. Hmm, I might have to replay that section.

I'm not certain of the chronology for when the ship sank and when the WAU found its way onboard, but the resemblence of the discoball head to a diving suit says to me the sailors survived sinking and may have even been still alive but dying when revived with brain damage from oxygen deprivation.

If Jiangshi are inanimate bodies with machine heads and a brain-scan injected, I assume they would be more capable/sentient, since that's the recipe that allowed Simon-2 to keep his sanity.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 08:25 PM by hollowleviathan.)
09-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Pardon, I meant the constructs/robot were made using brain-scans, most humanoids not.

The proxies Aker did by injecting gel into some crew members are/were humans too. Actual parts of the crew. They all are. None of them brainless machines.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Find