Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Are you also experiencing this issue?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
1 50.00%
No
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SPOILERS] Can't progress at Theta due to an invisible wall
HeavyHDx Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [SPOILERS] Can't progress at Theta due to an invisible wall

After you've found the DUNBAT and crawled through the ducts, you are in a lab and you have to go into this scanner:

https://i.imgur.com/u0W5gvG.jpg

The problem is that your character says "tight fit" before you can actually get into it, so the script event starts too soon and you're not able to enter it because there's an invisible wall in the way. This also happens without you doing anything, if you approach the button or the door, he'll say it and the invisible wall will be there.

Another problem I'm having is that Steam screenshots are completely black, so I had to take a picture of my monitor.

I'm using the latest public beta, BuildID 790583.

My system:

Arch Linux 64
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 TI driver version 355.11
09-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [SPOILERS] Can't progress at Theta due to an invisible wall

I've made it past this same bug by sprinting to the thing, pressing the button, and then crouching under the door before Simon finishes asking what it is. This is while it is still opening.

When that conversation ends, the door will trigger shutting as if you were already inside. If you are fast enough (and I didn't have too much trouble when I did this) you should already be inside when they finish talking.

One of the devs was posting in the other thread about this so I imagine it should be fixed soon.
09-28-2015, 12:29 AM
HeavyHDx Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [SPOILERS] Can't progress at Theta due to an invisible wall

(09-28-2015, 12:29 AM)Guest Wrote: I've made it past this same bug by sprinting to the thing, pressing the button, and then crouching under the door before Simon finishes asking what it is. This is while it is still opening.

When that conversation ends, the door will trigger shutting as if you were already inside. If you are fast enough (and I didn't have too much trouble when I did this) you should already be inside when they finish talking.

One of the devs was posting in the other thread about this so I imagine it should be fixed soon.

I'll try that, thanks!
09-28-2015, 12:30 AM
Find