Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few questions
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
Few questions

1. Where can I find the models of the monsters?

2. Can I add more number of monsters to the game? Is there a limit for the polygon count?

3. How can I play the map I create through the map editor? I don't want to get in and out everytime for every little change.

This forum is dead
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 07:05 PM by TiManGames.)
09-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Few questions

(1) Entities, I think most if not all of them are in "character"

(2) You can go as high as you want as performance will allow you

(3) What you want to do is enable Debug Mode for SOMA, you can alt-tab to it and click F5 to quickly reload your map.

If you have already got your map to show in the Steam/NoSteam Launcher. It should make some files in this path below.

Example Path = "C:\Users\Rapture\My Documents\my games\Soma\Mods\Lockdown"

The file-name has a "user_settings.cfg" at the end, the beginning is your computer/SOMA name with a gargle gook of numbers.

Open it up and do a Ctrl+F for "DebugMode" and change it from false to true.

<Game ShowCommentary="false" />
<Debug ShowFPS="true" ShowSoundPlaying="false" ShowPlayerInfo="false" ShowEntityInfo="false" SaveCheckPointOnMapLoad="false" ShowDebugMessages="false" UseProgLog="false" ShowSoundCategories="false" ShowSoundParams="false" ShowSoundAIEvents="false" ShowModuleInfo="false" ShowMapInfo="false" ScriptDebugOn="false" InspectionMode="false" DisableFlashBacks="false" DrawPhysics="false" AutoReloadResources="false" OutputVoiceAndEventInfo="false" PauseAtWindowOpenClose="true" ShowScriptGC="false" DebugInfoWindow="false" RecordPlayTestData="false" DrawGuiUIBoxes="false" ShowMissingVoiceFileErrorMessage="false" VRAMLimit="1700" ShowTVSafeArea="false" GodModeActivated="false" ReloadScriptAtTaskSwitch="false" ReloadFromCurrentPosition="true" SpecCameraTeleportPlayer="false" ShowPlayerColliderInSpecCam="false" ShowMemoryUsage="false" ShowRenderingInfo="false" ReloadScriptConstantly="false" AllowQuickSave="false" ScriptHelperFolder="script/helpers" LogLabelFilter="-1" WarningLevel="4" LogNonPreloadedResources="false" CollapsedLog="true" />
<Input InvertMouse="false" SmoothMouse="true" InvertPad="false" Rumble="true" MouseSensitivity="1.000000" GamepadSensitivity="2.000000" />
<Map File="" Folder="" StartPos="" />
<Graphics TextureQuality="0" TextureFilter="2" TextureAnisotropy="16.000000" SSAOActive="true" SSAOQuality="0" DepthOfFieldQuality="2" BloomActive="true" WorldReflection="true" Refraction="true" ShadowsActive="true" ShadowQuality="2" ShadowResolution="2" ParallaxQuality="0" ParallaxEnabled="true" Brightness="1.000000" OcclusionTestLights="true" EdgeSmooth="false" ForceShaderModel3And4Off="false" UndergrowthQuality="0" TerrainTessellation="0" AntiAliasing="FXAA" />
<Sound Device="-1" Volume="1.000000" MaxSoftwareChannels="64" MaxVirtualChannels="1000" ForceShowSubtitleCharacterName="false" ShowSubtitles="false" SpeakerType="HomeCinema" />
<Screen Width="1920" Height="1080" FullScreen="true" Vsync="true" RefreshRate="60" />
<Main FirstGameStart="false"[b] DebugMode="true"[/b] GenerateScriptAPI="false" StartLanguage="english.lang" ScreenShotExt="jpg" ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="true" AutogenerateLangFiles="false" SaveConfig="true" ShowMenu="true" UpdateLogActive="true" ContinueMap="main_menu.hpm" ContinuePos="" />
<MapLoad FastPhysicsLoad="false" FastStaticLoad="false" FastEntityLoad="false" />
<Engine LimitFPS="true" SleepWhenOutOfFocus="true" ShowBrokenMeshes="true" />
<Saving MaxAutoSaves="20" />
<Gameplay FOV="70.000000" />
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 08:28 PM by Rapture.)
09-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Find