Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Custom Story" creation (I need help)
13irth Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago "Custom Story" creation (I need help)

So I love the hpl3 engine and level editor and everything. I bookmarked the documentation page for it too.
I have one simple problem that I would love to get solved...

How do I get my map to work?
I made a simple plane, put a light source over it, and put a player start on it.
Saved it to a folder named "ExperimentalMap" inside a "custom_stories" folder in steamapps\common\SOMA

Then I changed the file in My Documents\my games\Soma\Main called Dev_user_settings.cfg ---

I simply changed this part: <Map File="map1.hpm" Folder="custom_stories" StartPos="PlayerStartArea_1" />

and then I ran SomaDev.bat

and it would give me a few errors and the map simply wouldn't load proper or at all.

Can you guys tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it? I appreciate it a bunch.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 11:55 PM by 13irth.)
09-27-2015, 11:54 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: "Custom Story" creation (I need help)

If you are running SomaDev you don't need to change the settings. Pressing F1 in game should make the debug menu appear, there's a "Load Map" button in it.

EOF
09-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Find
13irth Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: "Custom Story" creation (I need help)

(09-28-2015, 04:18 PM)Luis Wrote: If you are running SomaDev you don't need to change the settings. Pressing F1 in game should make the debug menu appear, there's a "Load Map" button in it.

Oh. o.o thank you omg
09-28-2015, 04:32 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.