Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS4 - aiming calibration/sensitivity issues - camera pulls up
dredgman
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago PS4 - aiming calibration/sensitivity issues - camera pulls up
I'm having issues in the PS4 version of SOMA. Whenever looking right or left, the camera also starts to look upward. This is regardless of which direction I look. I turn left, the character looks upward, I turn right, the character tilts farther upward. It makes the game somewhat dizzying and difficult to play. I constantly have to adjust the y-axis.

Standing still, without pressing any controls, the camera does not move. It's not an issue with analog stick dead zones.

It should be noted that I play with inverted y controls. Playing with normal y-axis results in the opposite; looking left and right makes the character start to look downward.

Please help. I've restarted the game. I've restarted the controller. Unfortunately, I don't have another controller to use, but this is the only game I've played where I've experienced something like this.
09-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: PS4 - aiming calibration/sensitivity issues - camera pulls up
This sounds really weird. How far have you gotten in the game? It might be wise to try and reset the config in case something weird has happened there. Should be a way to remove a game's user data on PS4 I think.

Never heard of this issue before, so not sure that helps though.
09-30-2015, 08:11 AM
Find
nebej Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: PS4 - aiming calibration/sensitivity issues - camera pulls up
Try removing the SaveData called Profile on the PS4. It contains the keybinds and other settings (like subtitles). But you will get to keep your saves
09-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Find
dredgman Offline

Threads: 0
Thanks. I deleted the profile data, but I'm still having the issue. I'd rather not start over, as I'm a few hours into the game.
09-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
This is really weird. It seems like some sort of issue with the PS4, as nobody else seems to have this issue. Worthwhile to contact the sony support and see what they say. Please come back and say what they told you.
10-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Change move controls to other keys.
10-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.