Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SPOILERS] Are the chioces even tracked by the game at all?
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16
[SPOILERS] Are the chioces even tracked by the game at all?

Had anyone tried comparing (weith a hex editor or something similar) multiple save game files after Simon made different choices in the game in the same situation? They could be checked for differences and particular scripts of specifications.
Does the game even record this choices at all?

Had anyone tried to data mine the content of the game maps, scripts, assets, etc to determine if the choices have any impact on the game whatsoever?
Who knows, maybe an alternate / secret ending is hided in there somewhere...
09-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [SPOILERS] Are the chioces even tracked by the game at all?

I killed the WAU (because it was evil), but I don't know what happens if you don't. Maybe nothing.
09-30-2015, 01:37 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(09-30-2015, 01:37 PM)Fortigurn Wrote: I killed the WAU (because it was evil), but I don't know what happens if you don't. Maybe nothing.

The WAU is an advanced 3D printer controlled by a computer carrying out it's human-programmed directive to protect and preserve human life. What made it evil?
09-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

(09-30-2015, 07:39 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: The WAU is an advanced 3D printer controlled by a computer carrying out it's human-programmed directive to protect and preserve human life. What made it evil?

The fact that it became aware, then became corrupted, then went completely out of control and started killing people instead of protecting them.
09-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I don't think the WAU was corrupted by anything. What makes you say that?

It's been mentioned elsewhere that the only people killed by WAU were the ones actively trying to destroy the WAU, which would have endangered all of the people the WAU had revived and was sustaining. The WAU was defending itself to ensure, from its perspective, a future for humanity.
09-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

(09-30-2015, 11:44 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I don't think the WAU was corrupted by anything. What makes you say that?

Ross goes into it in some detail. Even early on you learn how the structure gel became corrupted and the WAU went rogue.

Quote:It's been mentioned elsewhere that the only people killed by WAU were the ones actively trying to destroy the WAU, which would have endangered all of the people the WAU had revived and was sustaining.

I don't think that's true.

Quote:The WAU was defending itself to ensure, from its perspective, a future for humanity.

You don't ensure a future for humanity by killing people, and sticking other people's brainless bodies to the wall with goop.
10-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Find
Kaliyo Offline

Threads: 1

For WAU bunch of human brain scans put into durable robot shells primed with structure gel would be perfect human preservation. WAU lacks higher reasoning.
10-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

(10-01-2015, 10:39 AM)Kaliyo Wrote: For WAU bunch of human brain scans put into durable robot shells primed with structure gel would be perfect human preservation. WAU lacks higher reasoning.

Bunch of human brain scans in a virtual reality environment would be perfect human preservation. Hey, that's the ARK, that's what the humans came up with. Stuffing brain scans into diving suits filled with rotting corpses animated by corrupted structure gel, isn't such a great idea and doesn't even make sense. Likewise, gluing people's unconscious bodies to the nearest wall with corrupted structure gel, isn't a good idea either.

The bottom line is that the humans always had better ideas about how to preserve human life. The WAU was totally hopeless on that point.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 11:03 AM by Fortigurn.)
10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(10-01-2015, 11:03 AM)Fortigurn Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 10:39 AM)Kaliyo Wrote: For WAU bunch of human brain scans put into durable robot shells primed with structure gel would be perfect human preservation. WAU lacks higher reasoning.

Bunch of human brain scans in a virtual reality environment would be perfect human preservation. Hey, that's the ARK, that's what the humans came up with. Stuffing brain scans into diving suits filled with rotting corpses animated by corrupted structure gel, isn't such a great idea and doesn't even make sense. Likewise, gluing people's unconscious bodies to the nearest wall with corrupted structure gel, isn't a good idea either.

The bottom line is that the humans always had better ideas about how to preserve human life. The WAU was totally hopeless on that point.

That was Kaliyo's point. The WAU lacks higher reasoning. It's job was to preserve life on Pathos-II, and the death of most of humanity probably messed with its processing and reasoning.

My theory is that when people started dying, its only reasoning was to use the scans, which it saw as a continuation of those peoples lives, and implant them into robots, and to use the structure gel it had mutated, to bring the dead back to life with some added electronics slapped on for extra support. The reason these life forms were hostile was because of Ross, who wanted to destroy the WAU. The WAU saw everyone as a potential threat, and turned it's creations hostile, in order to keep trying to preserve life.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 12:39 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
10-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Find
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16

I remind you all that this thread was meant to discuss whether anyone has found any evidence that the game tracks / records the player's choices, by techincal means (reverse engimeering).
This can be done by comparing the size and other properties of two identical savegames made in the same in-game moment, but after making different choices (try to compare a savegame file from right after you kill the WAU to another one where you do not kill it) or examining the code in the savegame files (with Notepad++, a hex editor, or any other method), and examining the game files (level maps, textures, models) for hints of a possible alternate ending or for the player choices influencing the game in any way (enemies placememt, lights, doors closed / opened, etc).
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 03:53 PM by Omnitool.)
10-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Find