Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MAJOR SPOILERS] SOMA Full Timeline of Events
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16
[MAJOR SPOILERS] SOMA Full Timeline of Events

Someone on Reddit has managed to figure out the complete timeline of events that happened at Pathos-II. She played the game over 3 times and did a great job in pieceing together all text files, audio logs and information found within the game.
This should clear up all plot holes and misinderstandings regarding the story!

This is the original Reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/soma/comments/3...s_in_soma/

This great work can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B577GZm...V6eVU/view

All credit goes to Reddit user Elaine_Benes_ who made an outstanding job of finding all pieces of the puzzle and putting them together into this accurate timeline!
Thank You and major Kudos for this great work!
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 12:39 PM by Omnitool.)
10-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11
RE: [MAJOR SPOILERS] SOMA Full Timeline of Events

Wow! This is amazing! Of course only for people who have finished the game.

But I was hoping that someone would put together a Timeline of Events for the game and lo and behold it is done Big Grin

But mean, reading things chronologically really hits home just how literally fucked the people in Pathos-II were. There seemed to be little coordination across the sub-complexes and especially the lack of anyone knowing what happened to anyone in The Abyss (pretty much abandoning everyone at Tau).

For me, it also doesn't paint the Warden in a good light. Given how fast things deteriorated after the Comet, it definitely seems the WAU actively coordinated to sabotage and make life as difficult as possible for the survivors. The only way its actions make sense is if it was logically certain that transferring brain scans to machines was the only way for humanity to survive and that it also believed somewhat in Sarang's "Continuity" logic and killed the originals.

EDIT: Now after watching all the live-action Transmissions, I'm doubly sure that the Warden was trying to manipulate the Pathos staff into being "transformed" by the structure gel. In it's programming, I could see it having decided that given how it is now seemingly "rewiring" the ecosystem in order to preserve humanity, it needed to ensure that these humans be "rewired" as well.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 07:28 PM by PathOS.)
10-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Find
SineDeus Offline

Threads: 0

Wow, MAJOR props to the person who did this. This is amazing work, so many things i didn't quite figure out
10-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

FG writer needs to do some work on his date proofreading, it's the second case when dates are wrong. Someone reported before that some scans have wrong dates

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Okay, so this is a bit weird. If we take into account events in "Transmissions" (assuming they were developed with FG involvement), the counter for the backup power on the display at the terminal, where Reed shuts down Upsilon, reads "201 days left". When Simon2 wakes up and finds the terminal, it says 143 days since downtime. if we subtract these days from current date at that moment, it will be December 18 2103 when Reed shut down the power. This means that all the events we witness through black boxes and some comms - happened in these 5 months.

Now, the question is: where in the hell Reed's body was all these 5 months? In order to be well-preserved to even walk (i.e. the tissue is elastic and strong enough to actually support motoric function) she has to be either somehow frozen-unfrozen later or preserved by the gel, which assuming her final death place, was pretty much an issue. Not even mentioning her body was moved and the door in the pilot seat room was sealed by the members of crew (there is a log where pneumatic locks are mentioned as a measure against wau creatures).

Confusing.The more I'm trying to make a clear timeline the less sense it has.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 02:02 PM by Kein.)
10-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Find