Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dear Frictional (some advice)
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice)

(10-02-2015, 11:09 PM)humanoid Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 10:35 PM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: But he can open doors. I hid inside one of the rooms and he opened the door, wandered around, and then left. He doesn't just teleport.

OP was talking about the fact that you could lock (not just close) certain rooms in this particular area and with a bit of effort, trap the monster inside.

THERE ARE DOORS YOU CAN LEGIT LOCK!?!?! I guess I AM the idiot, haha. I never knew! I thought you could just close the door on them, not actually lock them out! My ENTIRE gameplay could have gone COMPLETELY different with that in mind. I'm pissed. xDD

10-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(10-03-2015, 12:22 AM)MsHannerBananer Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 11:09 PM)humanoid Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 10:35 PM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: But he can open doors. I hid inside one of the rooms and he opened the door, wandered around, and then left. He doesn't just teleport.

OP was talking about the fact that you could lock (not just close) certain rooms in this particular area and with a bit of effort, trap the monster inside.

THERE ARE DOORS YOU CAN LEGIT LOCK!?!?! I guess I AM the idiot, haha. I never knew! I thought you could just close the door on them, not actually lock them out! My ENTIRE gameplay could have gone COMPLETELY different with that in mind. I'm pissed. xDD

In that particular area:

Spoiler below!
Within the security room (when you needed to fix the elevator by uploading data to the chip) you can unlock and lock certain doors. Therefore, you can trap the proxy here. I'm not too sure if you can trap any others in other places.

Fun fact! I was locking and unlocking some doors to try and make it easier for me to remember where to go in that area. As I was leaving, I was just about to open the security door, then the enemy was right there. I crawled back over to the computer and tried to lock it out, then I locked it in the security office with me ;-;

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 12:50 AM by Romulator.)
10-03-2015, 12:47 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

Quote:In that particular area:

Spoiler below!
Within the security room (when you needed to fix the elevator by uploading data to the chip) you can unlock and lock certain doors. Therefore, you can trap the proxy here. I'm not too sure if you can trap any others in other places.

Fun fact! I was locking and unlocking some doors to try and make it easier for me to remember where to go in that area. As I was leaving, I was just about to open the security door, then the enemy was right there. I crawled back over to the computer and tried to lock it out, then I locked it in the security office with me ;-;

Rom, I think what the OP was saying was that even if they DID completely lock the Proxy in a room, it was finding a way to magically teleport out of it.

10-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I am aware - just contributing to your "There are doors you can legitimately lock" statement; not necessarily the OP. Sorry if that did not come out right! D:

Anyway, towards the OP:

Remember, this game isn't necessarily about cheating death by trapping the monster. It's about the horror factor that you're helpless to defend yourself, and while solving such a puzzle could work for your benefit, it does not as the proxy is capable to moving through the ventilation systems. It's not exactly a workaround mechanic to keep you in the horror, but to not allow you to so easily get away with outsmarting the monster. You're hinted at this somewhat constantly post-DUNBAT activation. If you walk under a vent, you can hear it moving around above you.

I will admit, I found this section quite annoying sometimes, I wondered why dropping a fire extinguisher would make no sound and no monster appear, but why fiddling with the elevator mechanism by opening the component's door made no sound but caused the proxy to stick around. I did not know I could trap the proxy, and if I play through again, I'm not going to.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-03-2015, 02:07 AM
Find
Dundle Offline

Threads: 1

I noticed this, and besides jump scaring myself when I saw him get out, I was disappointed. Being able to trap the monster would've been a very nice touch, as it isn't easy to do in that area. It would also allow for more exploration in the area as you're not constantly being stalked. The Proxy doesn't really seem to be the type of creature to be crawling around vents either, considering how tall and awkward it was, but I heard the vent noises and assumed that must be the implication.

Originally wondering how he got out, I looked back at the computer terminal thinking maybe the room had unlocked, and seeing the "x% resources remaining" I thought it may require a limited source of power to lock areas and that it had run out, which freaked me out. That would've been a scary mechanism, whether or not it makes sense.
10-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Find