Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture stuff vs Black Plague stuff
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2
Overture stuff vs Black Plague stuff

So i've been playing penumbra all over again and noticed that the mines in overture where not so scary as the hallways in BP, but a bit more interesting (For me though). But if you just wanna play for fun (Move stuff around, brake bottles, kill dogs, etc.) in Overture you can't rotate stuff, wich makes it a bit boring and sometimes frustrating Big Grin So i wanna know what YOU think, wich one is better - Overture or BP? (not the story and and how scary it is, but the gameplay ;D)

Meh...
12-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Overture stuff vs Black Plague stuff

I certainly wish there was a mod that allowed for the rotation of objects in Overture, but it's still amazing. I love Black Plague more though because its puzzles are more varied. Overture focused a little too much on finding solutions to locked doors.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Website Find

(12-28-2009, 04:13 PM)Lee Wrote: I certainly wish there was a mod that allowed for the rotation of objects in Overture, but it's still amazing. I love Black Plague more though because its puzzles are more varied. Overture focused a little too much on finding solutions to locked doors.

I remember that there was a thread about some guy trying to put some of the BP files in Overture to make the rotation work, but it just messed up the game.

Meh...
12-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Both of them are very interesting games.
Frictional Games, I must praise you for this good games!

In Overture you have more time for puzzles and you can kill the enemies with insignificant weapons.
In a horror game you shouldn't have a gun or sth. but a simple weapon like a hammer is better than no weapon like in Black Plague.

That's the point, how Overture is better.
I like the eerieness and Black Plague is more eerie than Overture (Corpses, Infected etc.) but the once you can do is running, running, running out of them.

I like the atmosphere in "Infected Corridor" or "Kennel". That's very eerie!!!
But Overture you can play better. Because you have the time it needs to complete a puzzle or to explore the environment.

@Lee

I don't like it, if there are more opportunities to complete a puzzle or to lock a door. I love it in Overture, if you must find a special object to finish a mission.

--
Can you say me if Amnesia comes with german language (multilangual or sth.) support?
And the Penumbra Collection have german language support too?
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2009, 07:48 PM by Draginz.)
12-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(12-28-2009, 07:41 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I don't like it, if there are more opportunities to complete a puzzle or to lock a door. I love it in Overture, if you must find a special object to finish a mission.

I said that Overture had more door opening puzzles.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Website Find

(12-28-2009, 07:51 PM)Lee Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 07:41 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I don't like it, if there are more opportunities to complete a puzzle or to lock a door. I love it in Overture, if you must find a special object to finish a mission.

I said that Overture had more door opening puzzles.

Door opening puzzles, that sounds funny Big Grin:

Meh...
12-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Find
penumbra 4ever Offline

Threads: 1

i love penumbra overture but the black plague is best(have more pluzzes)

Sorry for my bad English
01-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

@penumbra 4ever

Hehe, I love Overture more than Black Plague, because Overture has more- and better puzzles.
01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I love the technological stuff in Black Plague. The gas mask section was pretty cool as well as the heart-rate armband you got. The blood sample test is also one of the coolest puzzles from the 00's. The head thing later was also pretty sick, but more amusing.
Sneaking around the mine with lots of old typewriters and all really just feels like a prelude to the technological Shelter in Black Plague. Kind of how the jungle-walking part of Lost season 1 just was a prelude to the Shelter and all other bases in Season 2 and on.
I really like the concrete-hallways horror of Black Plague.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Find
Nevyn Offline

I just plowed through all the three games this weekend and had a great time. I remember playing Penumbra years ago but it must have been some early demo as it was very different from this. (smoke filled corridors with wasp like flying creatures anyone?)

Personally I liked black plague rather then overture even though they were both amazing. Black plague just freaked me out more not being able to fight the monsters. The dogs were really scary in overture at first but after you killed one or two they lost a little of the effect. For me the hiding and sneaking is way more eerie. I think black plague also had more of those really uncomfortable moments, the infected ones always freaked me out! Puzzlewise I think they were about the same even though I actually don't care so much for the puzzels. What keeps me going is the good story and the scary atmosphere, which made requiem a bit bland for me. Loved the game experience though, scariest game I played for a long time! :-)

Going to look forward to Amnesia!
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Find