Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simultaneous Xbox 360 controller and Mouse support?
flab
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Simultaneous Xbox 360 controller and Mouse support?
I am thinking of picking up SOMA but have a technical question regarding how inputs are handled. Is it possible to move using the left analog stick of an xbox 360 controller in the left hand while using a mouse in the right hand to aim the camera? Or, are they mutually exclusive inputs, so that if the xbox controller is active the mouse no longer works (or vice-versa).

Also, is there analog movement so that if you move the analog stick a small amount you move slowly, but if you press it further out you move faster?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!
10-07-2015, 05:26 PM
CalumMc Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Simultaneous Xbox 360 controller and Mouse support?
(10-07-2015, 05:26 PM)flab Wrote: I am thinking of picking up SOMA but have a technical question regarding how inputs are handled. Is it possible to move using the left analog stick of an xbox 360 controller in the left hand while using a mouse in the right hand to aim the camera? Or, are they mutually exclusive inputs, so that if the xbox controller is active the mouse no longer works (or vice-versa).

Also, is there analog movement so that if you move the analog stick a small amount you move slowly, but if you press it further out you move faster?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

As far as when i have used a controller with other games the mouse/keyboard still works.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 02:46 AM by CalumMc.)
10-08-2015, 02:41 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Simultaneous Xbox 360 controller and Mouse support?
It depends on the game though. For example Skyrim does not do this, at least not unmodded. It disables keyboard input when a controller is detected. I don't know if SOMA does or not as I haven't tested.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 08:57 AM by Mudbill.)
10-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Find
Unregistered

Someone from Reddit mentioned that they played the game with a controller and they accidentally moved the mouse with the cord from the controller and it moved the camera, so it probably works, but some games have a delay in response when they switch between the two inputs where it will ignore mouse inputs for a second or two while the game pad is active, or ignore the gamepad for a second or two while the mouse is active. So, I'm still not 100% sure. If you get a chance to test it out I would really appreciate it. All that I would need to confirm it is to move the left analog stick a small amount and, while holding the stick in that position, move the mouse around and see if you can still move the camera. Being able to move slowly but still having full mouse control is really important to me, particularly in atmospheric games like SOMA.
10-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Yes this should work fine
10-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Find
flab Offline

Threads: 0
Awesome, thank you for confirming!
10-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.