Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animation Stops instead of loop?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Animation Stops instead of loop?

So I recently tried to create an entity.
It's a skull, High detailed skull (it's 4mb :O)
So I thought, why not make some animations, halloween is close, I'd like to share this skull with you Smile
I tried to do 3 animations.
First is just his mouth going up and down, (yeah 2 seperate parts, head and mouth)
second is "eat" animation, This is a kind of problem, because I want this to happen if you do something, that the animation starts, so is it possible to make the animation happen by script?
Like The skull is normal, if you collide a cake, to an area, then his "eating" animation starts... If yes, How?! haha

And the other problem of the animation is, it stops.
In maya, it goes like up and down up and down etc.
In amnesia it constantly Re do it (wrong)
So the animation is supposed to go up and down. (loop)
But modelview shows it like up and down, directly being up, and then goes down, directly starts from up again and then go down etc..
Hopefully someone will understand xD
My English sucks I know Sad

So basically, I want an animation to loop, and want to know how to make it Start, and stop. (start the animation from script, and make it do once and then stay normal as before)
and I want to know how to fix that shitty thing Sad
Instead of "loop" it just re-do everything in modelview...
10-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Animation Stops instead of loop?

Add this line to your script and tweak it as much as you need, it should help you. Notice that it allows you to loop the animation Smile

PlayPropAnimation(string& asProp, string& asAnimation, float afFadeTime, bool abLoop, string& asCallback);

It should look more or less like this:

PlayPropAnimation("Skull", "Eat", 0, true, "");

Hope it helps Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-20-2015, 04:55 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(10-20-2015, 04:55 PM)The chaser Wrote: Add this line to your script and tweak it as much as you need, it should help you. Notice that it allows you to loop the animation Smile

PlayPropAnimation(string& asProp, string& asAnimation, float afFadeTime, bool abLoop, string& asCallback);

It should look more or less like this:

PlayPropAnimation("Skull", "Eat", 0, true, "");

Hope it helps Smile

Thanks, but the problem is, I don't know how to make .dae_anim file...
10-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

it's been a while, but I believe it is just renamed .dae files, except with a specific animation in them. of course the model inside and its rig and everything must be the same or you can expect a bunch of bugs( though you will probably still get bugs anyway cause hpl XD)
10-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Find