Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game wont start
Aspiring Somaer
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game wont start
I have checked the troubleshooting guide and attempted all solutions. I welcome your feedback, I've been looking forward to this game for quite some time.

I open steam (or Soma.exe as administrator from the install folder), and as soon as I launch the program the screen goes black as if to start the game, the cursor icon indicates the computer is processing, but then I'm given the message:

Soma.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
10-23-2015, 05:09 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game wont start
Since the game manages to start up, it means that you should have the necessary files to start, but may be lacking certain files which need preloading.

Can you post your hpl.log file? You can find information about that following Problem X of the troubleshooting guide. It will give us an idea of your system. Could you also tell us about your hardware, such as your OS, 32/64-bit, Graphics Card Manufacturer and RAM amount?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-23-2015, 06:20 AM
Find
Unregistered

I have this exact same problem!
10-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Aspiring Somaer
Unregistered

Sorry, I didn't realize I failed to attach it.

I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit OS, 4 gigs ram (3.88 usable), IntelHD Graphics 4600.

Thank you for the fast response, I hope this info helps. If you need any other information please do not hesitate to ask me.

(10-23-2015, 06:20 AM)Modulator Wrote: Since the game manages to start up, it means that you should have the necessary files to start, but may be lacking certain files which need preloading.

Can you post your hpl.log file? You can find information about that following Problem X of the troubleshooting guide. It will give us an idea of your system. Could you also tell us about your hardware, such as your OS, 32/64-bit, Graphics Card Manufacturer and RAM amount?
10-23-2015, 07:08 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

As a guest, you may not be able to attach your log file (I would not know, considering I have not been a "Guest" at this forum). You can however, if you wish, just simply post its contents here in a post, or on a website such as Pastebin.

Intel HD Graphics cards are not exactly supported. SOMA makes use of OpenGL and is known to not work too well on some Intel HD cards. The best I can suggest is to see if you can upgrade your drivers from your manufacturer's website or from Intel. In most cases, upgrading your drivers can help troubleshoot some problems so the game becomes playable. The best place to try would be Intel's Download Center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

If you require instructions or assistance about updating your Intel cards, follow the instructions required to perform the Have Disk Method here.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2015, 07:35 AM by Romulator.)
10-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Find
Unregistered

Go to intel.com and download and install laters driver thé intel hd card. Follow thé guide in grapchis trouble shooting.
10-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Aspiring Somaer
Unregistered

Sorry for the delayed response--it was delayed because the clean install of the graphics driver (installed from my manufacturer's site as opposed to intel) did the trick perfectly; so I've been too distracted by horrors from beyond the deep to post. Thanks for your incredibly prompt reaction and solution!
11-02-2015, 04:59 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

No problem! Hope you enjoy the game!

11-02-2015, 06:25 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.