Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA crashes with Nvidia gtx 960 (me too)
skullthug
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago SOMA crashes with Nvidia gtx 960 (me too)
Started this thread because I noticed https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...age-2.html is now closed.

However I have a GTX 960 and am experiencing regular crashes with SOMA (we play 3 hours a night so far and experience at least 2 crashes every night).

I'm running Windows 10 and have the latest drivers from NVidia (10/7/2015 - 358.50). I've tried switching to the public_beta in Steam but am still experiencing the crashing.
Reducing graphic quality did seem to maybe? possibly? help? But ultimately it still crashed.

I experienced this crash the most frequently when entering Theta for the first time, after entering the opening doors and the lights all turn on the performance was noticeably suttering until SOMA crashed (sadly moments away from an auto-save).

That's all I have to report. This game is pretty intense enough without being hopelessly paranoid it's going to crash any second :X

(freaking kudos to whoever came up with the title screen image to have a progression, that sh*t is haunting)
10-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: SOMA crashes with Nvidia gtx 960 (me too)
On Windows 10, it might help to go to the SOMA.exe properties, and setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7 and check the box that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." Though, considering you don't crash 100% of the time, this might not be the fix.

Anyway, could you post the hpl.log as described in the troubleshooting guide?

10-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Find
skullthug
Unregistered

(10-23-2015, 01:35 PM)Mudbill Wrote: On Windows 10, it might help to go to the SOMA.exe properties, and setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7 and check the box that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." Though, considering you don't crash 100% of the time, this might not be the fix.

Anyway, could you post the hpl.log as described in the troubleshooting guide?

Sure. The log is too big to attach apparently, so here's a dropbox link to it
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17977639/hpl.log
I'll try the compatibility mode trick when I play again.
10-23-2015, 08:44 PM
skullthug
Unregistered

So uh... I tried those settings and the game actually hasn't crashed again after two sessions! Weird!
Thanks!
10-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.