Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shuttle door doesn't open?
ThePortaJew
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Shuttle door doesn't open?
The Porta Jew:

Whenever I get to the Upsilon Shuttle Station, everything works fine until I get into the shuttle... I touch the weird bio flower thing, Unplug Amy, flip the lever to turn on the power and enter the shuttle on the left. When I insert my omnikey and flip the 3 switches, then sit in the chair, I hit the red button. When I do the screen comes down from the ceiling and I choose my destination. As soon as I choose to go to Lambda, the shuttle starts moving, but the door doesn't open in front of the shuttle and the shuttle passes through the door, but the door pushes me out of the shuttle leaving me behind and I can't move or look, or pretty much do anything for that matter. I'm playing on the PS4 by the way. Please help!

(10-27-2015, 09:12 PM)ThePortaJew Wrote: The Porta Jew:

Whenever I get to the Upsilon Shuttle Station, everything works fine until I get into the shuttle... I touch the weird bio flower thing, Unplug Amy, flip the lever to turn on the power and enter the shuttle on the left. When I insert my omnikey and flip the 3 switches, then sit in the chair, I hit the red button. When I do the screen comes down from the ceiling and I choose my destination. As soon as I choose to go to Lambda, the shuttle starts moving, but the door doesn't open in front of the shuttle and the shuttle passes through the door, but the door pushes me out of the shuttle leaving me behind and I can't move or look, or pretty much do anything for that matter. I'm playing on the PS4 by the way. Please help!

Also I want to point out that I have loaded a save from where I enter the shuttle station at the air lock, and I've loaded a save from when I'm in the comm center and I start walking around in the water... and neither has worked.
10-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Shuttle door doesn't open?
I have the same problem on a PS4.
10-28-2015, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Same problem here too!
10-28-2015, 03:59 AM
LethalK Offline

Threads: 0
I posted about having the same issue on another thread but I guess this is the best spot. Have attached a video of the issues (recorded by yours truly), can't advance any further in the game, kind of a bummer because I just got it :/

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/dnN4niHyw3k[/video]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2015, 04:28 AM by LethalK.)
10-28-2015, 04:28 AM
Find
Loverly Offline

Finished the game already once and i wanted to replay it. So the first gameplay it went good and there was no problem at that point and now i got the same as discribed above. I also saw there was done a update. Maybe that have something to do with it? Also on a ps4.

Edit: i also have tried to delete the game on my ps4 and download it again. That did not work.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2015, 07:17 AM by Loverly.)
10-28-2015, 05:36 AM
Find
Unregistered

Same issue here. I tried reloading outside of the station and doing the section over, but it still bugs out on me. Also on the PS4
10-28-2015, 06:28 AM
Unregistered

Also playing on ps4 and experiencing the exact same issue. It might be worth noting that my brother is playing this on the same system, just on his account. He is past this point and did not have this problem. However he started the game and got past this point before the 1.02 update was released. I only started my save after installing the update. Wonder if that is what caused it.

Either way its such a shame. I was really enjoying the game, it's so atmospheric and intriguing, but now after playing for only a couple of hours and running into a game breaking bug, it feels like a waste of 30 euro Sad
10-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Well, then we can at least say for sure that this is a bug that was introduced recently. I believe I read that Frictional Games put something about this on Twitter?

[Image: TkNFxd0.png]

It looks like they reverted it pretty much immediately. I wonder why you guys haven't received it yet. Is there something you can do to update the game manually? I'm unfamiliar with PS4.

10-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Find
Unregistered

I didn't even realise I was on version 1.03. On the PS4 there is an option to check for updates manually, but at this point it just says 'The installed application is the latest version', which is 1.03. There is no way to manually choose older versions on PS4 that I know of, but I wonder if uninstalling it and re-installing it would work now as they said they reverted the patch. Im not too keen on re - downloading the 11.40 gigs right now, so I won't be testing that!

Its most likely just a matter of waiting until the reverted version hits your region or something, I think I'll give it a while.

P.s. Thanks for the twitter info, it never dawned on me to check their twitter! Tongue
10-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Loverly Offline

well i dont have twitterSmile so i never saw that. but i removed the game again and its now downloading...

Edit: Took some time to redownload, but it worked. Game is working again.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2015, 02:20 PM by Loverly.)
10-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.