Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA crashes with black screen on launch
7thPwnist
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago SOMA crashes with black screen on launch
Hey,

Bought SOMA on release date but have been busy till now. Was disappointed last night when the game repeatedly crashed upon running it.

I'm running on Windows 7 and my graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics 4000. I tried restarting Steam, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling, and opening the non-steam and Steam version in admin mode. I also made sure that I didn't have any of the listed software that can cause complications with HPL currently running. Do you have any idea what else could be causing this?

(10-30-2015, 09:27 PM)7thPwnist Wrote: Hey,

Bought SOMA on release date but have been busy till now. Was disappointed last night when the game repeatedly crashed upon running it.

I'm running on Windows 7 and my graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics 4000. I tried restarting Steam, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling, and opening the non-steam and Steam version in admin mode. I also made sure that I didn't have any of the listed software that can cause complications with HPL currently running. Do you have any idea what else could be causing this?

Whoops, forgot to attach my HPL.log. Here it is.

Well, for whatever reason it is failing to attach the HPL.log (click add attachment and nothing happens) and since it is so huge I cannot put it directly in the text of this forum, so I'm not really sure how to submit it, but all the errors in it appear to be one of:

ERROR: Failed to compile GLSL shader ''!

or

WARNING: 0:3: extension 'GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object' is not supported
WARNING: 0:4: extension 'GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack' is not supported
ERROR: 0:33: 'binding' : syntax error syntax error
10-30-2015, 09:27 PM
7thPwnist Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: SOMA crashes with black screen on launch
Nevermind, it is working now. Thanks anyway.
10-30-2015, 10:24 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.