Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% GAMEBREAKING BUG! READ THIS, DEVS
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: 100% GAMEBREAKING BUG! READ THIS, DEVS
(11-03-2015, 04:15 PM)ededited Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I'm trying to make it across the ocean floor being pursued by the WAU beast (which is really difficult, btw) and when I'm caught by it, it gets caught in a loop of taking me back to the start, so I'm just constantly going round and round! Have to exit and reload Sad

That actually is a real shame o.0 That's the first time I have heard that one. In that particular area...
Spoiler below!
the mechanics are designed to not always make you backtrack too greatly. You may get spat out off the side of the cliff at one point but it is recoverable. Essentially you want to head for the climber (the tall black thing with red lights) and not stop. It takes a few tries (took me three progressive sprints, but I've seen people complete them in two, some as much as five) but you're meant to get there eventually.

Sorry about all these bugs you're encountering. I personally did not encounter any (except one which came down to going back 3 saves) and I have a questionable machine for SOMA's capabilities. I urge you give the scene another attempt though!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
11-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: 100% GAMEBREAKING BUG! READ THIS, DEVS
(11-03-2015, 04:32 PM)Modulator Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 04:15 PM)ededited Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I'm trying to make it across the ocean floor being pursued by the WAU beast (which is really difficult, btw) and when I'm caught by it, it gets caught in a loop of taking me back to the start, so I'm just constantly going round and round! Have to exit and reload Sad

That actually is a real shame o.0 That's the first time I have heard that one. In that particular area...
Spoiler below!
the mechanics are designed to not always make you backtrack too greatly. You may get spat out off the side of the cliff at one point but it is recoverable. Essentially you want to head for the climber (the tall black thing with red lights) and not stop. It takes a few tries (took me three progressive sprints, but I've seen people complete them in two, some as much as five) but you're meant to get there eventually.

Adding to this with an actual stratergy (spoilers):
Spoiler below!
You're not meant to run in one go without stopping, even if that's what most people do. There are small rocks and containers and cliffs on the sides of the path. You're meant to hide under those while the WAU worm swims by, then continue to the next. The only reason people were able to run all the way is because Frictional Games don't make things trial-and-error style. If you fail too much, they help you progress to not kill the immersion.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015, 09:01 PM by Mudbill.)
11-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.