Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PenumbraCollection - Game locks up countless times
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago PenumbraCollection - Game locks up countless times

There has been countless amount of times this game has locked up on my system. I don't know if laptops are nearly as powerful as desktops, or that my specs are not as strong. This laptop is 6 months old or so.

Some of the more common, repeated places it locked up:

Overture:

1. Right after the power room (getting power on), passing both doors to get out.
2. If that didn't lock up, turning left; walking down to turn right; that'd lock up.

Black Plague:

1. Entering the vent, at the first turn.
2. The kennel area; where you have to remain under the lights; second or so to the last turn to get in the small room, it would lock up.

There were so many places it locked up, but these were the more common places. There may have been more common places; but I may have just forgotten.

I haven't tried Requiem yet; assuming I will go through the same thing.

I found one link here for a linux patch but it just says the service or server is unavailable.
01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: PenumbraCollection - Game locks up countless times

Can you provide saved game files near these lockups and directions to recreate them?
(saved game files are in the ~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/ folders)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
02-03-2010, 05:12 AM
Website Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: PenumbraCollection - Game locks up countless times

I am building a patch that fixes several crashes/lockups for all releases of Penumbra. I expect to have it released midweek.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
02-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Website Find