Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Sprint - Strange Controller Mapping (PS4 Controller on PC)
romibi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago No Sprint - Strange Controller Mapping (PS4 Controller on PC)

I played the game already on PS4 and it was great ...
Now I wanted to try out some mods and the dev tools

I like to play it on controller but I have a problem.

I don't have an Xbox controller but normally I use my Wii U Pro controller which gets recognized as an Xbox controller.
Why this doesn't work for soma in the spoiler-tag (not a problem of the Game):
Spoiler below!
The Buttons A&B/X&Y are swapped on the Wii U Pro controller but normally i can remap them with Pinnacle Game Profiler ...
But I haven't found out where to install the controller hook in soma yet...
Does Soma not use/support a xinput1_3.dll?
Some weeks ago I noticed that one can connect the PS4 controller to the PC via USB...
This seemed to work with soma as long as there is no other controller connected...
But while trying to escape the first enemy (of a mod) i noticed that the Sprint Button (L2) does not sprint ... it "breaks" and leans ... (yes that should be R1 ... and yes R1 does work)

That's a killer bug ... and it's not a bug with the mod ... I tested that.

I tried to figure out why that is but I don't know...
Spoiler below!
  • I tried remapping it with Pinnacle Game Profiler (same Problem as in spoiler above)
  • I tried to find out where the controller mappings get saved
  • I tried to understand InputHandler.hps
  • I searched google and this forum for solutions
I now try to provide you with all the Information that could help to solve the problem:

Bugs:
  • Only one Gamepad at a time works (and no option to choose)
  • Mappings wrong for some Gamepad (L2 for PS4 controller) and no option to remap
  • (not connected to this problem) BADACTION message (see last sentence of this post)
Gamepad-Settings-Window:
PS4-Controller: https://gyazo.com/86a3c252a1c5d87bf22ec214d4f9407b
WiiUPro (as Xbox) Controller: https://gyazo.com/0a39efead77ee79f8f855211b49f525d

Additional Infos:
Steam-Version of Soma

Attachments:
Don't know if the input recordings help ... (Used Resolution: 1920x1080)
(Input recording seems a bit buggy)

If you want any additional information ... I'm happy to provide them ...

-----
On a side note: in the PS4 and in the PC version (when using a gamepad) there appears a message "Drücken Sie BADACTION" (Press BADACTION) or something similiar sometime near the beginning ...
11-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Find