Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving spotlight, Blurr?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Moving spotlight, Blurr?

Is it possible to move a spotlight, I'm thinking about making a map in the jungle.
And a jungle staying day or night only isn't the best choice imo.
there has to be a possability for this, I really need this Tongue

And is there a possality to "blurr" the screen?!
Like... idk how to explain, in real life if you're looking cross-eyed or whatever (translated from google lol) you see like, everything blurred etc except the lamps, these are with bigger "billboard" effects if we're talking about amnesia, is there a script for this?
Btw, a quick question is it possible for me, to make a play see a big pic?!
I want the player to scope in with a sniper or whatever, would it be possible that if the player interacts with the sniper, it automaticly has a "pic" of the sniper outlines with basically transparent in the middle, so it'd look like you're really scoping something out..
11-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Moving spotlight, Blurr?

You're asking quite a lot here. I assume it's all possible if you spend enough time.

Don't think you can directly move a light object, but surely you can move an invisible entity with a light attached to it.

Blur? I feel like you're talking about a different effect, but I can't seem to picture what that would be, so I don't know. You're not talking about Lens Flares, right? Those are simple enough, I presume, considering they already have a tool for it.

Lastly, sure, you can create some GUI stuff to work your way. I don't know the specifics though, so you'll have to do some experimenting. Maybe create some modules for the player on how to use the sniper.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 03:03 PM by Mudbill.)
11-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(11-11-2015, 03:02 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You're asking quite a lot here. I assume it's all possible if you spend enough time.

Don't think you can directly move a light object, but surely you can move an invisible entity with a light attached to it.

Blur? I feel like you're talking about a different effect, but I can't seem to picture what that would be, so I don't know. You're not talking about Lens Flares, right? Those are simple enough, I presume, considering they already have a tool for it.

Lastly, sure, you can create some GUI stuff to work your way. I don't know the specifics though, so you'll have to do some experimenting. Maybe create some modules for the player on how to use the sniper.

Thanks, yeah a lot of questions haha.
I made a mistake here, I actually know how the gui works I guess, but my question was supposed to be can I do that in a Custom story, not a mod??
Is it possible to have a specific picture ON your screen while you are still in the map, and still can see through the "transparent" parts of the picture, that'd be a great advantage for making a custom story too Tongue

Here, I have a pic of a scope.
so what I wanted is, is it possible to get that picture ON your screen, or let's say, onthe players head.
If that works, that'd be great, but let's be more complex about it, if I erase that "white" "color" and make that transparent, would it be possible to have that "transparent" in-game, so you're screen looksl ike that, but the transparent part is actually empty, and you see what is in the map then...
If this would work oh dam, then I have a lot to do Tongue
Hopefully it does work, I don't wanna create a mod, but a custom story.

Attached Files
.jpg   Scope_in.jpg (Size: 13.72 KB / Downloads: 100)
11-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Oh, wait, my bad. I thought this was for SOMA, not Amnesia. That makes things slightly more difficult.

If you need a screen effect other than those already there, you'll need to be creative. Perhaps use entities or particles, or shaders even.

GUIs aren't easy in Amnesia. You might be able to do something though, but I think you'll need a mod regardless. I know that The Second Dimension has a couple HUD icons for things like lives and keys.

If you're able to get the GUI running, making it transparent shouldn't be a problem. Just use an alpha channel.

11-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(11-11-2015, 03:39 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Oh, wait, my bad. I thought this was for SOMA, not Amnesia. That makes things slightly more difficult.

If you need a screen effect other than those already there, you'll need to be creative. Perhaps use entities or particles, or shaders even.

GUIs aren't easy in Amnesia. You might be able to do something though, but I think you'll need a mod regardless. I know that The Second Dimension has a couple HUD icons for things like lives and keys.

If you're able to get the GUI running, making it transparent shouldn't be a problem. Just use an alpha channel.

okey thanks.
I'm indeed talking about amnesia haha.
I thought you could just put a picture in gui and make it "appear" on you're face by script but.. no haha
11-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

For your sniper scope, perhaps this tutorial can help? https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22215.html

As difficult as the language is and despite Lange's ban, it's not too bad a tutorial which may be able to assist you.
that reminds me, I should lock that thread...

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 04:30 PM by Romulator.)
11-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Find
TheMasterRules Offline
Banned

Threads: 0

(11-11-2015, 04:26 PM)Romulator Wrote: For your sniper scope, perhaps this tutorial can help? https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22215.html

As difficult as the language is and despite Lange's ban, it's not too bad a tutorial which may be able to assist you.
that reminds me, I should lock that thread...

I can help here.
Lange is gone, i can take over his stuff Wink
So, if you need any help, be free to ask it to me.

Maybe we can unban Lange?

Anyways, there are ways to act like these.

You can also download some Full Conversion mods which use those Sanity Events.

Try study them, then after we are here to try and help you!
----
Edit;
Enigma has Day\Night sequences in the Forest(map)
As well has the mod BitterWood peak (if i remember correctly)
-
Go check those out and look for how they are scripted the events.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 05:00 PM by TheMasterRules.)
11-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Thanks both!!
I would like to try that out, but it says "FULL CONVERSIONS"
While mine is a custom story...
So this probably won't work, right??
11-11-2015, 06:21 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

For the scope it should be quite simple.

StartInsanityEvent(string &in asEventName);

You have to create an insanity event with your desired picture.
Here is something I made a while ago:

Trying is the first step to success.
11-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(11-11-2015, 06:52 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: For the scope it should be quite simple.

StartInsanityEvent(string &in asEventName);

You have to create an insanity event with your desired picture.
Here is something I made a while ago:

Omg that looks amazing!!
I keep thinking about "zombies" when seeing that.
Not to mention that I just played "shadows of Evil" which is a zombie map lol.
but you need a Fc for that, right?!
I can't do that with a custom story I guess...
11-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Find