Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spreading the word
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Spreading the word

(02-21-2010, 06:30 AM)graykin Wrote: Yeah, I think Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor is about as much "horror" people like that can tolerate. They don't know what they're missing.

i so agree greykin i mean horror has kinda lost it over the time being then when i found penumbra on gametap i was like yay a new horror game Tongue

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
03-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12

(02-21-2010, 06:30 AM)graykin Wrote: Yeah, I think Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor is about as much "horror" people like that can tolerate. They don't know what they're missing.

I don't consider those games to be horror, though. They're intense, high action games but there aren't "scary" moments per se.
03-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Find
FetusZero Offline

Threads: 0

(03-12-2010, 06:37 PM)ajvitaly Wrote:

I don't consider those games to be horror, though. They're intense, high action games but there aren't "scary" moments per se.

Have got to agree with you on this one, I don't consider those as horror, more action. Come to think of it, there aren't that many games that can wear the genre name "horror" very well.

I've been spreading the word about Amnesia as well and trying to get people to pre-order it. The Penumbra series deserves much more attention than what it got and I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to Amnesia just from the first looks of the game.
03-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

You're right, I myself don't consider those games to horror games, but there are a lot people with the misconception that they are. The only possible relation they have to "horror" is that they have either zombies or lab-mutants. The gameplay is DEFINITELY not conducive to scaring the player, but due to this slight connection to horror games, and the massive popularity of games like this, people will begin relating "horror" to "running and gunning freaky-looking-things" and not to "scaring the ever-loving pants off of you."

I hope it clarifies what I meant a little bit. Smile:

03-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16

you guys wan scary then play the mod afraid of monsters directors cut for hl1. SCARY AS SHIT. i love it.
03-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

Halloween, it was after seeing your Penumbra Let's Plays that I decided to buy the Penumbra Collection.

Amnesia looks great. I'm really pleased to have discovered Frictional Games' stuff because I was getting a little frustrated with the lack of decent horror games on consoles this generation. I will pre-order Amnesia as soon as I am in a position to do so - which will hopefully be well before that date in May.

Wow - what a mansion!
03-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Find
Unreal Offline

Threads: 9

Helloween4545's videos also convinced me to get Penumbra way back over a year ago now. I can't believe these games aren't better known.
04-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Find
Kurt Offline

Threads: 0

I am new here and decided to join the forums to show my support I am shocked not so many people know about this it looks amazing just like penumbra was. I am going to buy this first day or preorder it on steam it looks very good. I also can't wait to play around with that editor. I wish it would come out before august I can't wait.
04-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Find