Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra loads, but screen goes blank.
niadh Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra loads, but screen goes blank.

Ok copying the file into my home folder and disabling full screen worked, everything pops up using windowed mode. Would be great if I could get it working in full screen, tis just not quite as scary when I can see my desktop background Wink

Thanks for your guys help so far, at least the game can be played now, I do appreciate it.
03-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra loads, but screen goes blank.

It sounds like a conflict somewhere with your window manager/X server.. and unfortunately not much I can do about it.. I'd suggest checking Arch linux updates/ report a bug with them about the issue. Especially since it worked in another distribution fine.. the issue then is definitely related to something "odd" in arch linux.
Now, I am working on a patch that (who knows) may fix this.. I plan on getting it out this weekend (have to do rebuilds and update installers)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Website Find
Savior Offline

Threads: 0

Hi!

I also have this problem now under Kubuntu 9.10. Problem doesn't go away if I switch KWin's compositioning off, and even switching the game to windowed mode has no effect. It used to work a few month ago.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1420, w/ Intel 965GM. So I do not have libCg, but it used to be no problem...
I tried to upload a screenshot of the screen artifacts (there are some, if you ESC to menu and then go back to the game), but I cannot upload anything:

"The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server."
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2010, 10:03 PM by SwedenLover.)
03-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

Intel cards are not supported Savior. The main issue is most likely due to the lack of s3tc in the Mesa GL system (due to software patents). libCg is provided with the game install and is used for All cards (it's not specific to nvidia cards even though nvidia provides the library)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
03-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Website Find